Need help with Madison's Guardian

Sep 1, 2007
I'm having problems rotating the middle packet with my middle and ring fingers. Not much detail was given there and I'm not sure if I'm doing that part right.

Any advice?

Oct 28, 2007
can you go into a little more detail i can't tell what your problem is, but i think this is one of the hardest flourishes on the dvd, and it is a level 4!

Sep 1, 2007
can you go into a little more detail i can't tell what your problem is, but i think this is one of the hardest flourishes on the dvd, and it is a level 4!

Yes, I agree, a lot of the sybil variations are a lot easier than Guardian, but is rated harder!

Anyways, when the deck is separated into three packets, I need to rotate the middle packet face up. I'm having trouble with that rotating part. I don't really know what the fingers should do.

Thanks.

JoeCarr

Banned
Jan 6, 2008
Manchester
actually, i found this to be THE easiest one on the DVD, so it goes to show how different cuts are harder for some people.

the middle packets top corner lies on your ring finger, forget everything else, just make sure it can balance on that, you can do this without the bottom packet to make breaking into this packet easier for practice purposes (though spinning the packet in this position is harder, getting the grip is important). You then pull down with your middle finger, as you pull your hand backwards, and then you know the rest from the dvd, just remember, balance on ring, pull with middle, you'll get it in no time!

hope this helped,

joe

EDIT: 559th post, YES!! woop

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you break into the three packets and are rotatating the top packet between thumb and ring finger of left hand, you rotate the middle packet with middle finger of the right hand. Remember the grip of the middle packet is the base of hand on the left hand and ring finger of the right hand. Once you rotate the middle packet far enough with your right middle finger, you can use your right index finger to push it all back together.
Hope that helped,
Z

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results