Negotiating Magic Products

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Hey I am on the edge of releasing a magic PDF with Magicbox.uk.com, so I am just asking does anyone have any tips for negotiating prices, the pdf itself or anything else?

Anything will be appreciated

Dec 19, 2007
Italy ,Milano
It depends on the tricks and on the demanding:
It is only one trick or there are tons of tricks?
Is it really full of some innovative creations?
Does everyone in the community of magic is waiting for this pdf?
Also you have to consider the avarage price of the other pfd of the same type as the your.

Cheers,
Mattia

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
Its a collection of tricks that are made for the Post-Beginner book/dvd stage, its my first product so I do not think anyone will know me. The effects are original and all impromtu but one trick is a collabration of two routines and also I have some essays in there about different aspects of magic . Magic Box have requested I do not talk about the tricks in public...sooo

It's not upto MagicBox to tell you what you can and can't talk about.

If you have any contractual obligation at all, it will be for exclusive rights for sales...

I released my first pdf on magicbox for £8.99. Nobody knew my name, but I had a lot of quotes and good press from the Blackpool magic convention.

If I was you, send it over to someone.....who has been in your position.....

It is your first release, so forget about money. It's not going to make you rich... you need to concentrate on building a reputation.

The best way to do that with good material is to get as many people to see it as possible.

Baring in mind that Magicbox will take 50% of all profits.

Stay under a tenna for a first release mate. Seriously.

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
It's not upto MagicBox to tell you what you can and can't talk about.

If you have any contractual obligation at all, it will be for exclusive rights for sales...

I released my first pdf on magicbox for £8.99. Nobody knew my name, but I had a lot of quotes and good press from the Blackpool magic convention.

If I was you, send it over to someone.....who has been in your position.....

It is your first release, so forget about money. It's not going to make you rich... you need to concentrate on building a reputation.

The best way to do that with good material is to get as many people to see it as possible.

Baring in mind that Magicbox will take 50% of all profits.

Stay under a tenna for a first release mate. Seriously.

Thanks Yeah I am not interested into money but I do not want to release something under priced I want to be just right. The effects on there I have performed many times, and I have gotten good reactions. Yeah Magicbox have said they want half, but I am fine because like you said once I have a reputation then I could move on from publishing my own stuff on my own website. But thats far from now anyway thanks.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results