New 1-on-1 : Polaroid Change by B. Smith

D

Deleted member 2755

i have a strange feeling that this thread is going to get way off topic

I agree so I think I'll steer it back on topic.

To the people complaining about angle problems, why are you complaining? Most color changes have angle problems. I rarely heard anyone on this site ever complain about the Snap Change or the Cardini Change's angles. So why does this one all of a sudden have to be terrible? I think this is a great looking visual change. I can't really speak of how I REALLY feel about it because I don't own it, but I doubt its really bad.

-Doug

Sep 5, 2007
I agree so I think I'll steer it back on topic.

To the people complaining about angle problems, why are you complaining? Most color changes have angle problems. I rarely heard anyone on this site ever complain about the Snap Change or the Cardini Change's angles. So why does this one all of a sudden have to be terrible? I think this is a great looking visual change. I can't really speak of how I REALLY feel about it because I don't own it, but I doubt its really bad.

-Doug

which is why something like shapeshifter is such a visual ANGLE PROOF color change

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
There's nothing wrong with defending a product you don't own... Sinful is honest with his opinions in my experience. Plenty of people defend products on principle as much as anything else - DttDU comes to mind, as does S&M, two products I defended without actually owning them. I don't disagree that the angles look more restricted than most colour changes. Honestly though, everyone can be said to be biased; that said Sinful is not more so than anyone else and it is quite possible to defend that which you don't own based on a theoretical perspective.

D

Deleted member 2755

which is why something like shapeshifter is such a visual ANGLE PROOF color change

Congratulations. You named one of the very few color changes that are angle proof. Let me give you a round of applause. ;) I knew that color change would come up.

Its also amazing how people say I'm biased.... I'm not going to bother saying how I'm not because I've said it way too many times. People who say I'm biased are so ignorant its ridiculous.

Guys.... Its a color change. If you can't do this because of angles, learn something called audience management. I performed Sinful once for 125 people at the same time. (That is a story for another day.) If I can pull that off, you should be able to simply turn to the side to do this change. If you don't have audience management, work on it.

-Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

its not terrible, but i'd just rather use a shake change.

Finally, someone that actually has a real reason.:p

No one says you have to buy this guys. I just get angry when I see posts that are so arrogant.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
I absolutely love this change. I've finally gotten the clipshift down cold so it's great that there's now another knuckle-busting sleight for me to work on.

I personally like that it's not perfect angle-wise. Just one more thing for me to work on. Besides, we all need to learn how to manage angles at some point or another.

Magic isn't supposed to be easy. If you want to be a good magician, you have to put in the work.

But as far as the change goes, I can't wait to use this. I've already thought of some routines it would work really well in.

Sep 1, 2007
the change looks okay-ish - I liked the fact that I wasnt able to figure it out by watching the performance. but I dont' like the "load" or get ready... he basically covers up the entire deck AND the card to be changed.

although the spectators (or me) won't be able to tell exactly what happened, it still looks like a definite "move" and so loses the magic a bit compared to other color changes with a similar effect.

for example the click change looks similar (if you had parkinsons it'd look like the polaroid change) but has no super-suspicious cover up.

ultimately this color change is valued by alot of people here because it is different and new. which does not mean its better, just different. like t11's custom cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results