NEW DECK!!! Urban Punk Bicycle Street Deck!

Nov 24, 2012
Hi everyone! :)

We just wanted to share our new Bicycle deck currently on Kickstarter named Urban Punk. It’s a graffiti street art inspired deck we’re really excited about. We really wanted to do something different with the deck and bring a street feel to it. It’s going to be a 56 card deck and include 2 gaff cards as well as a Barcode Reveal.

3bc438803c847571865933b147f69de8_large.png

It will be printed by the industry leading United States Playing Card Company on Bicycle® grade paper stock with an Air-Cushion, Magic finish.

Take a look if you’re interested at kickstarter : http://kck.st/W609lk

Check it out and me know what you think!

Thanks,
~RR

Nov 24, 2012
Hey All -

Just wanted to keep you updated on the deck. We just finished a poll and updated the back design...here's a photo of the new back, let us know what you think!
9f0daa4d4467e34b8125c4b3bc182db8_large.png

Also just wanted to let you know we currently have a t-shirt and art print cyber monday and tuesday special going on.. we have some fantastic completely custom designs. Check it out if you're interested - ends tonight at midnight!

2d4ddaf352976d3bfc6adb9cefd08dc3_large.png

Thanks!
~rr

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
I absolutely love the idea of this deck, and the faces are very unique which gives it tons of appeal in my opinion. However the back design literally unsold me on the whole deck; something simpler, cleaner, and less widthwise symmetric would look a 1000 times better.

Edit: The first art print on your kickstarter page would be a beautiful back design, or something along those lines. I understand that it is probably something you don't want to change or worry about at this point, but i'm just putting in my two cents.

Nov 24, 2012
Hi TylerRouss!

Thanks so much for the feedback and you may be in luck! Really glad you like the faces :)

With regards to the back design the one above received majority votes from our backers however, since so many backers liked the runner up design we will be offering a special edition of the deck with the addition back design as a stretch goal. The design on the right is the special edition
504543964473548662_ZwksFuza_c.jpg

Thanks again for the feedback :)

~rr

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Like Tyler, the back design unsold me. I dislike both, but my girlfriend did like the second one more.

I hope you meet your goals, but I also hope this is a lesson in letting other people make major decisions on your creative project.

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
I actually really like the special edition back design. Rrule, would you mind explaining exactly how someone goes about obtaining/contributing to these decks?

If the special edition is going to be made, I will definitely back this project.

Oct 9, 2012
I actually really like the special edition back design. Rrule, would you mind explaining exactly how someone goes about obtaining/contributing to these decks?

If the special edition is going to be made, I will definitely back this project.
A stretch goal basically means if they make the goal with time to spare. Once that happens they may post other milestones. 15k is the funding goal, so hitting that they would make a post something like, 'at 20k we will make the SE'. At least from my understanding and experience with Kickstarters. (as a customer that is)

Nov 24, 2012
Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the delay in getting back on - it's been a bit hectic with the project and all.

TylerRouss, the stretch goals do work like how Arucard explained. Here’s a bit of background on Kickstarter that might also help. Kickstarter is a platform where backers can get involved and get behind a project – something we really wanted to embrace. Based on many of our backer’s suggestions and feedback on the original back design, we offered up the opportunity for backers to get involved with options for the back design, hence the poll. Without our backers interest we couldn’t make this project a reality and their feedback and involvement has opened up an exciting opportunity for a new stretch goal…the special edition deck. This involvement is what makes Kickstarter unique and gives the backers an interesting and fun experience.

When a goal is exceeded during the project timeline, creators for a project can offer additional rewards to the backers. Our stretch goals are going to include a variety of things but one of the bigger rewards will be the special edition deck that our backers helped determine. Our project is currently at $12,527 / 83% of goal thanks to our backers support and their help in spreading the word. Based on how we’re currently trending, the stretch goals look very attainable and we’re excited to offer some great new rewards (including the new design :)).

Hope that helps explain a bit. If you guys have any thoughts on the project or questions you can send me a note through the Contact Me button under my profile on our kickstarter page – see the link above.

Thanks again everyone for your input and support! :)
~rr

Jan 29, 2011
The District
Very cool designs, I dig 'em! And I liked the second back design better than the first (the first looks too "designed on a computer" generic, just my opinion).

The only reason I probably won't buy them if publicly available is because the faces nor back designs have matching white boarders. That makes reversing a card in the deck stand out. :-/

Glad to see you surpassed your goal!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results