New From PaperCraneMagic

Oct 9, 2008
-Wicked By Jacob Hanson-

Wicked is a display of superhuman strength at your fingertips that leaves your spectator with an amazing souvenir.

Introduce a pen and display it freely. You begin rubbing the pen and smoke starts billowing from the center of the pen. When you remove your hand it is revealed that you have twisted the pen 360 degrees. You can hand the pen out immediately, leaving your spectator with something unforgettable.

Available at http://www.papercranemagic.com/

Any Thoughts on it?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
First thought: I want to kill them for referencing the excellent book and line Something Wicked This Way Comes, but doing so in a manner that is, well, incorrect (albeit, I'm sure, deliberately) :p

Second thought: I think that to describe it as a display of superhuman strength is... Well, I wouldn't call it misleading. I just think that it's plain silly, and I hope no-one presents it as such. Simply because I watched the demo for the effect, and, well... It has nothing to do with strength! It doesn't look like a demonstration of strength at all. It's a silly point, but also a silly description.

Third thought: I LOVE the visual of the smoke. That was the only thing at all interesting about this effect in my opinion, but it was very well done, and reminded me of Justin Miller's use of smoke in Silver Dream. It was nice that it was wispy, thin smoke, as opposed to OH MY GOD ITS BURNING MY FINGERS ALIVE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 13, 2009
Just a quick Q. If you have this Prae, does it use the same stuff as usual for producing the smoke? Not a complex amount of tubes and cartridges but a certain substance that is acquired from burning something? If it is the later I'll have to pass with the smoke, I ish allergic to it unfortunately.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I just hope for heaven's sake it isn't the smoke cream from the tubes that when you rub on your fingers fast enough it creates the smoke. That stuff always was messy and then you couldn't handle cards right after.

Agree with Prae, in that it doesn't really show super human strength at all. Not really sure how to re-title it though.

It does look intriguing. I would maybe consider it if I knew for sure you didn't have the smoke cream on your fingers and that you could truthfully let the spectator handle the pen right before they hand it back to you. Not hide any previous work.
I know that is starting to sound too demanding but maybe you can.

Jul 13, 2009
Rever are you talking about the Resin based stuff that smells like burnt wood and ick? That stuff is gross it's so sticky, yet so greasy. I hate the texture heh gives me the heebeejeevees.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Ha Ha...yeah. The junk called smoke in a tube I believe that you could buy for a few bucks. It would get all stringy and sticky.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I used to perform a similiar version with a sharpie and I recall a Lighter Twist coming out before.
As said, if the smoke is just a nother product, then I will have to pass.
Smoke in a Tube is generally resin which when you split your fingers fast enough, the strands look like smoke.
There is the... Magic Smoke stuff which you get in paper form. You burn a tiny bit... about... half a penny's worth. You take the resin left and when you rub it, smoke appears. I used this for quite a while and it actually works quite nicely. It does smell like crap but it does gum up your finger tips but still.... You wouldn't really use this for card magic would you?
There is also the method by kranzo where he lights a match, tosses it into a thumb tip with flash paper and immediately puts the TT on. When he takes it out... usually seconds later, smoke will flow out. i have no idea how long it lasts though.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
When I was talking about card magic, I meant, I wouldn't want to do this effect and then try to go into card magic after wards if some type of residue is on your fingers.

Would like to see reviews on this after it has been out for awhile.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results