New to t11 - Looking for something to calibrate myself...

Oct 13, 2008
I've been around the Magic block for almost two years now, and as of around a month or so have been delving into the flourishing aspect of the art. I'm quite interested in Daniel Madison's style, and noticed his Motion DVD from the Dangerous series. I like the fact that Madison rates the flourishes in difficulty, but that doesn't mean much to me yet. Could someone who has developed their performances of some of these flourishes rate some of the following flourishes? That would be appreciated:

-Sybil?
-Molecules 2 & 4?
-Sybilism?
-Leno Cut?

I'm aware these are all pretty mainstream, but I just recently found t11, so cut me some slack. ;)

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
hum...seeing as though Sybil was my first flourish - ill give you these. Be forewarned though, those numbers mean different things to different people, i think it's easy to skateboard - but most other people can't even stand on it.

sybil - 5/6
molecules 2, 4 - 5
sybilism -i'd have to say a 7, but im not too sure
Leno Cut - i'll go for an 8, but again, it depends on the person.

revolution cut - 4
charlier cut - 3
one handed fan - 2

(those are just some others i can think of which every magicican should know)

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Well it really depends on the person. One flourish may be easy to you but mad hard to someone else, and vice-versa. Well from 1 to 10 (10 being the hardest) heres my opinion:

Sybil: About a 5

Molecule 2: 3

Molecule 4: 4

Leno: 8

Sybilism: 7

Oct 13, 2008
I appreciate the feedback, and yes, I do realize that different numbers for different flourishes mean different things to different people, but... I was really just looking for something to set my feet on and sink my teeth into. See you around!

Sun|Sky

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results