New Trick

Sep 15, 2008
Need to see if anyone has ever heard of this trick. I think it is new, but I have not gone through every trick in the world. It is basically two principles in one. The tricks themselves are not new, but the combination I think is.

Effect: Spectator cuts the deck anywhere he wishes. Looks at the card, remembers it and replaces it exactly where he picked it up from and replaces the deck in it’s original order. You then place the deck in the case and into your pocket. Take a pack of cigarette papers and hand them to the spectator and have him take out a paper. Place the remainder of the papers into your pocket. Take the single paper from the spectator and burn it. Show him the cigarette paper restored with a burnt impression of the name of the card on it. Give it away as a souvenir. Can even give the deck away if you wish but they have long forgot about the deck by now. Can show your hands empty at any time.
Patter: “Through thousands of years of evolution, technology and science, man has not been able to successfully read someone else’s thoughts. Although, man has reportedly heard things through the dead, or ghosts as some call them. Moses heard god in the burning bush. John Edward, the famous T.V. psychic, claims to hear voices from your dead relatives. Now this is not going to be a test of mind reading but this is a test of paranormal transference. Let us not see if the spirits are with us today. I want you to cut the deck like this then turn over the next card and remember it. Burn it into your mind then replace the card and put the rest of the deck on top O.K. Go ahead and do that. We’ll put the deck away and I want you to think of a dead relative to help you or any dead person you wish, Elvis, George Carlin, whoever. I want you to send the card mentally to your chosen spirit. Does he have it? Take one of those papers out and make sure there is nothing wrong with it. Look good? I’ll put these in here. Now we’ll see if your spirit can help us. (stop for reaction)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hmm.

Sounds like a nice idea. so, essentially, it's a destroyed and restored card revelation, on a cigarette paper?
Hmm, I'll do some research tonight and see what I can come up with. Although I haven't came across anything like this in my studies, It seems like quite a simple idea, so theres a chance it could have been done before. I'll consult the books, and my associates, haha.

However, like I say, I haven't came across anything like this (as far as I can recall), so you may just be on to something!

CL

Sep 15, 2008
Can anyone tell me if they have seen this before. I am not trying to sell it or promote it. I wish to do it for myself. Just need to know if it is original or not. If you have seen it before let me know by who. Thanx.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
If you're not trying to market it...why would you need it to be original?

Just checking. I mean, I can understand wanting to know if something has been done before, but if you're not marketing you shouldn't be in such a rush to find out.

I've never seen it, that I can remember.

Sep 15, 2008
I just want to know if it is original because I don't want to copy other magicians. I would like to try and perform originality. That is hard to do nowadays with all the tricks out there. Especially with cards. Thanx for your input.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Ahh. I can understand that.

I would go ahead and perform it. And if you later find out that it has been done you can take it out of your routines.

And I agree, coming up with new material becomes more difficult every day with as many effects and creators there are now.

-Rik

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Hmm. Tough this. I came across something similar but not exactly the same. I would say that the combination of idea's is yours, the routine (If you have routined it?) is yours, but as it ultimately IS just a combination of existing ideas, and brings nothing new to the table in terms of a presentational theme or hook (That I know of), It would serve more as a variation or extension of the existing ideas.

Hope this helps?

CL

Sep 15, 2008
Thanx for the help guys. I will continue to use it. Now I don't wish to bash Lee Asher or anything like that, please do not take it that way, but isn't THUNDERBIRD a variation of the basic Tenkai? Instead of producing one card he produces the 4 aces in an ORIGINAL way. IT IS a very good production and he uses originality. My trick kinda bashes on mentalism because MOST EVERYONE knows mind reading is impossible.(some people still believe it) People still think you can communicate with spirits. I do not wish to hurt anybody's feelings. My trick is just a combination of two VERY OLD ideas. The patter is original though. Thanx for everyone's help.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well, yes and no. While the move used for certain key points of the routine can be connected to the basic tenkai palm production, the EFFECT is original. The Tenkai palm and production using it are merely sleights... Not an actual full effect.

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results