Newcomer, want to learn multi-packet two-handed flourishes

Mar 27, 2008
As the title says, I'm new to flourishing and want to learn two-handed multi-packet flourishes. I'm not really interested in XCM. What are the basic multi-packet flourishes that I should learn? Sybil? or something else? and what one and two handed cuts can I learn that are used in these flourishes and help me later on.

Apr 28, 2008
First you should learn the Sybil cut, there's loads of tutorials on decknique and youtube. You should also learn the One handed revolution cut.

I'd then take a look at some of Kevin Ho's free tutorials on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/kevhonline

After that i'd recommend either Disc 2 of The Trilogy or Dangerous: Motion.

If you can find it i'd recommend having a look at Brian Tudor's Show Off 2, There's some great stuff on it that isn't too difficult.

Jul 14, 2008
The very first thing that you should learn is the sybil cut, of course. Other flourishes included that might help you in a long run such as charlier cut, revolution cut and swing cuts. Like they said above, trilogy disc 3 is a great way to start off for a beginner.

Mar 27, 2008
Learn Sybil 1, Sybil 2, Sybil 3, Sybil 3.1, Sybil 4, Sybil 4.07, Sybil 9, Carnahan fan, Sybil 10, Sybil 11, youtube sybil 1, youtube sybil 2, youtube sybil 3, charlier cut(MAYBE).

what's the difference between the sybils there? and where can I get tutorials for all of them?

what's the difference between the sybils there? and where can I get tutorials for all of them?

He was kidding =p.

Firstly my advice is to get the Sybil down, until your fairly comfortable with it. From there I recommend learning the One handed revolution cut. It is a staple in many flourishes.

After that look around Decknique for some some great tutorials there, all for free. Learn quite a few from there until you develop a basic skill set because you don't want to buy a DVD before you can barely do anything basic.

http://justflourish.de/index.php?site=media

Check out the Basic Tutorials there, it's a great resource.

-RA69

Mar 27, 2008
The sybil tutorial in trilogy disc 3, I find it really hard to understand that because he's doing it all quite fast and there isn't any explanation too.

Jul 8, 2008
Learn Sybil 1, Sybil 2, Sybil 3, Sybil 3.1, Sybil 4, Sybil 4.07, Sybil 9, Carnahan fan, Sybil 10, Sybil 11, youtube sybil 1, youtube sybil 2, youtube sybil 3, charlier cut(MAYBE).

Lolololololololololol.

I suggest before learning two-handed cuts becoming decent at one-handed cuts.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
The sybil tutorial in trilogy disc 3, I find it really hard to understand that because he's doing it all quite fast and there isn't any explanation too.

Hey dont take wat i'm about to say personally, this is to all the people who says that you cant learn the sybil fromt he trilogy. WHAT THE #%$@ IS UR PROBLEM?!? DO YOU NOT REALIZE THAT PHASE 4 OF JACKSON FIVE IS THE SYBIL?!?!?!?! *huff* *puff*

Well i got that outta my system. Anyways, go to disc two, select jackson five, and jump into phase 4, which is the sybil. Many people who have the trilogy tend to not realize this. I havent watched this myself, (cuz i already knew the sybil and i wasnt a big fan of the J5), but i'm pretty sure its a bit more detailed thann on flourishes 1 o 1.

Jan 27, 2008
He was kidding =p.

Firstly my advice is to get the Sybil down, until your fairly comfortable with it. From there I recommend learning the One handed revolution cut. It is a staple in many flourishes.

After that look around Decknique for some some great tutorials there, all for free. Learn quite a few from there until you develop a basic skill set because you don't want to buy a DVD before you can barely do anything basic.

http://justflourish.de/index.php?site=media

Check out the Basic Tutorials there, it's a great resource.

-RA69
A great post. Just flourish has some fantastic tutorials. That's where I learned my pressure fan. Sebastian, Tical, and Felix, the people who run that sight, have some amazing tutorials on there as well as decknique. I would google 'kevin ho vimeo' and look at his tutorials there as well. That is where I started a while back. Then once you learn some basic stuff look at 'Daren Yeow' on the members list at decknique, and look at his video's. They will rock your socks.

And the CUso teaches a sybil on his youtube channel.

Oh ya magicshadow9, that's not the sybil. It's a really differnt variation called sybilism.

A great post. Just flourish has some fantastic tutorials. That's where I learned my pressure fan. Sebastian, Tical, and Felix, the people who run that sight, have some amazing tutorials on there as well as decknique. I would google 'kevin ho vimeo' and look at his tutorials there as well. That is where I started a while back. Then once you learn some basic stuff look at 'Daren Yeow' on the members list at decknique, and look at his video's. They will rock your socks.

And the CUso teaches a sybil on his youtube channel.

Oh ya magicshadow9, that's not the sybil. It's a really differnt variation called sybilism.

I agree 100%. Just like to say that magicshadow9 said phase 4 of the jackson 5 not phase 2. Phase 2 is sybilism, but face 4 is five faces of sybil.

Phase1- Madonna 3 variation
phase 2- sybilisim
phase3-skater cut
phase4- five phases of sybil
phase5- leno cut
phase6- genesis

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results