Nickname or True name?

Den

Feb 24, 2008
France
Hello everyone.

I was thinking the artist name and my name, and I wonder if a lot of person use a nickname for the scene.

Personaly, I don't like my name for scene because I don't feel it "magic". I mean there are names which are more "friendly", easier to say. I think about Dan and Dave or David Stone.

What's your opinion ? Do you use your true name or a nickname ?

Edit: Would you leave your full name on a website ? For example www.firstlastname.com and use your full name to be sure to avoid any confusion ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Hello everyone.

I was thinking the artist name and my name, and I wonder if a lot of person use a nickname for the scene.

Personaly, I don't like my name for scene because I don't feel it "magic". I mean there are names which are more "friendly", easier to say. I think about Dan and Dave or David Stone.

What's your opinion ? Do you use your true name or a nickname ?

I use my true name. It's not hard to say, "Hello, I'm David." Unless your name was something like... Speegaldorf. Then I see why you would want something easier.

David

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
I use my real name but a different spelling of it.. like Criss and Chris.. but I'd practice first before worrying about a performance name.

my cousin has an ego and "changed" his name literally 3 days after he started practicing magic. I think it's a total joke.

Dec 2, 2007
I like to switch things up. Maybe give one name one time, give a differant name later. Sometimes choose to stay totally anonymous. I know this isn't the way to get publicity, but I feel it makes the magic more real. If i don't have a name they can't say "Oh cool, a person who does neat things" I become more of an idea. Much more powerful.

I use ManningMagic

Well Manning is my last name. I still use my first name, but i call myself ManningMagic. But i would try to keep your real name. It's so natural to say hi, I'm (name). Rather than like, "hi I'm (name). Ooops I mean I'm the great Nate" Or some other cheesy name.

"the Magic of ___________" always sounds good too.

D

Deleted member 2755

Doug is fine for me, however, if you wish to use a different name... go ahead. Do you think Banachek's name is really Banachek? It's not. It's Steven Chaw. (I might be off on the spelling of Chaw, but I believe that is how it's spelled.) I'm pretty sure Criss Angel is not his real last name either.

If this is for school and you want people to call you something different for magic.... NOOOOO! Don't do that. ;) If this is for professionalism (wow.... biggest word I've ever used) then sure if you wish.

-Doug

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Doug is fine for me, however, if you wish to use a different name... go ahead. Do you think Banachek's name is really Banachek? It's not. It's Steven Chaw. (I might be off on the spelling of Chaw, but I believe that is how it's spelled.) I'm pretty sure Criss Angel is not his real last name either.

If this is for school and you want people to call you something different for magic.... NOOOOO! Don't do that. ;) If this is for professionalism (wow.... biggest word I've ever used) then sure if you wish.

-Doug

It's Shaw* :)

Sean Raf is my nickname at school. Sean Rafael would be my full name :p I'm content with Sean as a magician name to be honest.

- Sean

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com

-Doug

Criss Angel = Chris Sarantakos
David Copperfield = David Kotkin
David Blaine = David B. White
Darren Le = Deryn Le :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results