Ninja 2

Aug 18, 2008
NINJA 2

Teaching: Brad steps up his teaching from Ninja 1. He does not rush anything this time, all the material is well covered and well taught. He is a bit boring at times but no real complaints.

Quality: No issues with the quality. Everything is shown clearly and The DVD is easy to navigate and watch.

Material: This is a description of everything on the DVD in order of appearance.
(the items in red are not tricks or moves but tips brad offers on performance and such)

Simplicity: Brad talks about the power of simple tricks and offers tips on switching methods. Good stuff.

Miracle Card Switch: This move is simply amazing. One card is cleanly shown and places on a table. In that move it was switched with another card and returned to the deck. The angles aren't great but in the right situation it absolutely kills. Pretty simple and fun to do.

Turnover Pass: This is one of my favorite passes that I use in my performances. It is very simple, casual and easy to do. The angles are perfect for someone staring down at your hands.

Table Tap Pass: Another great pass. This one looks great and the angles are easily manageable. Brad also shows how you can use your leg instead of a table so it can be done anywhere. Another one of my favorites. He explains the angles very well.

Speed and Control: Brad talks about taking your time in your routines. Good advice once again.

Overhand Shuffle Force: This is a pretty cool force that I hadn't seen before. As you are doing an overhand shuffle the spectator calls out stop and the card is forced.

Riffle Force:
This force is taught basically everywhere, no description needed.

Dribble Force:
This is a very strange force I had never seen before. I have used it a few times, its pretty cool, I can see a lot of people liking it.

Fans: Brad teaches how to close a fan with one hand, and how to do a pressure fan. I already knew these but his description is good. He also goes over some pretty lame one handed fans.

Casual: Brad gives some advice on acting casual in your performances. Again, good advice.

Erdnase Bottom Palm: This is a very effective way to get one card or multiple into a palm from the bottom of your deck. I use this often and have not seen a better method.

Fan Steal: A cool control using a tenkai palm and a card fan, haven't used this but it is a nice idea.

Double Lifts: Brad gives advice on getting breaks naturally for double lifts, then explains a few simple ones. He also explains the strike double lift. Nothing special or original about this section, but it is taught well.

Hecklers: Brad teaches how to identify hecklers and burners and what to do about it.

3 Minute Ninja 1 Review: Brad goes over some stuff about passes that he has noticed since the release of Ninja 1. Again, useful advice, cant complain.

Triumph: Basic triumph routine using the zarrow shuffle. There is one performance that shows his patter, and then a detailed explanation. I used a similar triumph before learning this, and I picked up quite a few subtleties from his routine. He has a lot of advice on presentation that make this effect even better.

Tenkai Dealing Force: This is used as a trick by itself. I really like this effect. A spectator chooses a card and it is shuffled into the deck. You deal cards one at a time until they stay stop, and that card they stopped on is their chosen card. This would not be a good force but makes for a great trick/piece of mentalism.

Rossini Location: Another trick I really enjoyed. Card is selected by a spectator, returned to the deck, and the deck is completely squared all around. With one quick flick of the finger, the card reveals itself. An underrated concept that can be used for many applications.

Four Ace Packet Switch: Brad uses a kinda lame trick with this, but the packet switch is good. I use it when I am in a situation where Chris Kenner's 4 for 4 switch wont work for me.

Ambitious Card Routine: This is a great ACR routine. It is very different which is why I like it. Brad uses many moves taught in Ninja 1 and 2. The card doesn't just jump to the top but moves around the table, switches with another card, and ends in the pocket. I added several of these moves to my routine. This was my favorite section in the whole Ninja series. He gives advice about mixing up your routine.

BONUS-IMPOSSIBLE CARD SWITCH: In this trick, a coin is placed on top of a face of deck, with a wave of the hand, the card changes and the coin doesn't move. Pretty cool idea, uses a simple gimmick, but for me it is not practical. I was dying to know how to do it though.

Overall: A step up from the original Ninja. More advanced material, more versatile material. A great DVD. I use as much material from here as the entire Trilogy series. Thanks for reading!

Jan 29, 2009
I gotta agree. Ninja 2 is an awesome DVD. I was just about to post a review about it, but I guess not. :p

-Gaurdian

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results