No. 96 Help!

Sep 22, 2007
hey. as you mihgt know, i got the ourjogged hermann shift 1-on1 download here. on it, aaron teaches an excellent routine called no 96. but everytime i do it, i end up with a face down card on the bottom of the deck, 1 on the top of the deck (they are suppsoed to be there) but then i get one of the cards and another card face down in the middle so i have 2 face down instead of 1 in the middle. has anyone else happened to have this problem? who knows how to fix it. i would love to speak to aaron if hes a part of the forumns. maybe i can PM him and ask him about it.

buy the outjogged hermann shift!

I have been practicing the effect recently. I love it but I don't quite understand your problem. You can always try sending Aaron Fisher a Message via E-mail and/or PM.
If you are a bit more descriptive I could do my best to help you. Due to exposure reasons you can send me a PM if you like. But I think Aaron would be your best bet.
Here's the E-mail from his site, afisher@aaronfishermagic.com
Hope this helped,
Michael

Sep 22, 2007
thanks. my problem is. when i execute the shift, instead of one face down card in the middle of the face up deck, im left with two cards next to each other face down. ill email aaron maybe he can help me

Sep 2, 2007
thanks. my problem is. when i execute the shift, instead of one face down card in the middle of the face up deck, im left with two cards next to each other face down. ill email aaron maybe he can help me
I've never had the problem of which you speak.

However, I re-watched the explanation for No. 96 in the OutJogged Hermann Shift 1-on-1 video from the beginning. Following the explanation step-by-step, while using the same cards that Aaron Fisher -- who is around the forums -- used in the explanation, I was able to execute the effect correctly, as shown in the video.

Hopefully, re-watching the explanation, while simultaneously executing it with the same cards shown, helps correct the issue. If not, feel free to drop me a PM.

Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to the best of my knowledge. If it is, it isn't called that. What does the effect look like?

Hermann shift is in the book, though.

The effect is basically a transposition using the Outjogged Herman Shift. You place the top card in the center of the pack (outjogged) Then you show the top card. Once you push the outjogged center card flush with the pack the card switch places and the card in the center is now on top and vice-versa.

Michael

Sep 2, 2007
is this trick in paper engine?
I have not finished The Paper Engine entirely; however, I did take a gander through it, and No. 96, to the best of my knowledge, is not featured in the book.

This application by Aaron Fisher of the Outjogged Hermann Shift may just be a little treat for those with the 1-on-1 video.

Cheers,
JTM

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results