No Factory Sealed Trailer... Weird?

Well I think it's a little ridiculous for sites not to release full on Trailers at least 4-7 days before a product release. It could give potential buyers at least a glimpse of the effect and want to buy it, instead of seeing reactions and that's all you can go by. I'll still buy Bullet when it comes out but, I was really hoping for a chance to see the trailer once more before it came out.

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Well I think it's a little ridiculous for sites not to release full on Trailers at least 4-7 days before a product release. It could give potential buyers at least a glimpse of the effect and want to buy it, instead of seeing reactions and that's all you can go by. I'll still buy Bullet when it comes out but, I was really hoping for a chance to see the trailer once more before it came out.

-RA69

The people who are interested in buying these effects are going to jump all over it on release. The people who are on the fence are going to get pushed off the fence when the trailers are released again. When the reviews come in the guys who have been peeking over the fence are going to kick the fence down to order it. It really doesn't matter when the trailers go live. Cya tomorrow on the other side of the fence =)

--Jim

The people who are interested in buying these effects are going to jump all over it on release. The people who are on the fence are going to get pushed off the fence when the trailers are released again. When the reviews come in the guys who have been peeking over the fence are going to kick the fence down to order it. It really doesn't matter when the trailers go live. Cya tomorrow on the other side of the fence =)

--Jim

Ahhh true, good point. But there's also the people who dont buy anything without seeing a preview and when that doesn't show up for like 2 they may get. Good thing I didn't make my Business Cards today, and I still have the cash to buy it, hopefully it's under 40 bucks because thats all I can afford to spend. See ya on the other side :p

-RA69

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
I don't understand why you're asking this on a E product for a E question in a different forum that has no relation to E whatsoever.

You're basically asking a question about baseball in a basketball court.

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
well actually, yes. The first edition was so bad that the trailer helped show the improvements made on the deck. To see the deck used professionally helped with its credibility to most. It didn't make me buy a pack but trailers help with credibility.

As for the E thing... its "who knows with anyone" not just E. T11 has a number of ridiculous problems and pointing fingers does not help its case here.
the deck in the video were first editions guardians not the second so your point is invalid

Sep 1, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
I don't understand why you're asking this on a E product for a E question in a different forum that has no relation to E whatsoever.

You're basically asking a question about baseball in a basketball court.

Actually he is asking a question about a magic effect/release in a magic forum. Once we can get over this virtual Mason-Dixon line maybe everyone can get along, or maybe a Civil War will be required to settle things =)

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Actually he is asking a question about a magic effect/release in a magic forum. Once we can get over this virtual Mason-Dixon line maybe everyone can get along, or maybe a Civil War will be required to settle things =)

I'd almost be willing to start one just so all of this nonsense would end.

Sep 1, 2007
I figured out why your pissed, I went to E and you were banned... it all adds up now

No... I told you my problem with Ellusionist. it has nothing to do with the forums, and I really don't care that I got banned, because I stopped posting around then anyways. Why do you want to start an arguement?

Sep 1, 2007
Well, they usually say an effect is coming out within a week or so, and it ends up coming out 3 months later, and it ends up being not as good as it was hyped up to be.

This begs several questions.

First, when release dates get pushed back, that usually signals a concern over quality. Do you want a quality product, or instant gratification?

Second, are you really so excellent at what you already have that you can't possibly wait for new material?

Third, if you're that starved for material, are you incapable of researching other products in order to expand your horizons?

Fourth, if you personally don't like a product, who's the bigger fool: the company that sold it, or the rube that bought into the hype and let his expectations run out of control?

Honestly, I'm getting downright sick of this. There are no bad effects, only bad magicians. And if you lack the media savvy to take marketing with a grain of salt, the fault is yours and yours alone. I'm sick to death of magicians playing the victim card and blaming the retailers for their own mistakes and indescretions. When I realize just how much of the community is like this, I just want to start drinking heavily.

Sep 1, 2007
Like I said, I only posted that because someone asked a question. You are getting way off topic, and what you said has nothing to do with what I posted. Do you rally have nothing better to do than to think of ways you can critisize someone's post?

Sep 25, 2007
the deck in the video were first editions guardians not the second so your point is invalid

That doesn't make the point invalid what so ever... the point was that trailers and a demo video of cards are to established credibility to a product. How isn't that valid?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results