Normal Effects, Spooky Patter!

Sep 2, 2007
Hey everyone! this is just a thread to promote creativity. Take a normal effect (LKike a T&R) and give it a spooky/ haloween themed patter!

Here's mine. For my T&R

*ahem*

When people die, they are torn apart, thier souls go to heaven, and thier body's are buried. But, on haloween, some people belive that they can heal the soul enough to bring it back to the mortal plane. Some cults actually believe that they can dig up the body and put the soul back it, bringing the person, back from the dead.

There is mine. at the end, the body is completely (SP) healed and then handed out. so, what are your patters to make a normal effect not so normal, and more spooky?

Sep 1, 2007
Take the old voodoo trick Blaine taught in his book Mysterious Stranger.

The performer produces a pencil, parchment, and a small object wrapped in a velvet pouch.

"Many old superstitions come from Eastern Europe. Dark tales and legends were born in the lonely crescent of the Carpathian Mountains. Among others things was the belief in the unholy reanimation of the dead, hence the famous vampire stories. Some know a little of the mystical properties of silver. It plays an interesting role in European folklore to say the least."

The performer opens the pouch and dumps out a small chunk of silver ore onto the table.

"Let us try to test this old superstition. It was said that silver could be used to cleanse evil from a person or object."

The performer traces the outline of his hand on the parchment. He rubs the pencil on a corner and uses the dust to place his fingerprints in the tracing. He then asks the spectator to take the chunk of ore and touch it to one of the figertips.

For a moment, nothing happens. Abruptly, the magician screams in pain with his hand clenched. He opens it to reveal a blister on his fingertip, the exact some one the spectator selected.

The magician stares at the wound a moment and then grins, revealing sharp fangs.

"I guess that solves that mystery."

Sponge balls.

"These aren't just spongy balls, they were once the hearts of tiny children who ate too much candy on Halloween. They got what dentists now call 'The Super Cavity'. When you get 'The Super Cavity', your gums bleed so profusely, you bleed out your heart. Yes, through your gums. I happened to be a dentist in the past, and was able to obtain these hearts, and kept them for........sentimental value."

Then go on and do your routine. :D

Oct 16, 2007
get a kid to do bullet catch with u and when uget shot be like "YOU SICK SON A *** WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ...AWWWW DAMN IT GET HELP YOU LITTLE MORN WHAT THE *** ARE U WAITING FOR CHRISTMAS ????? that would scare em

Sep 2, 2007
BUT IT WOULD SCARE THE HELL OUTTA LITTLE KIDS!!!!

And that's what we all love about Halloween.

:D
No, I like Halloween because of the candy, Dora the Explorer costumes, et al. -- scaring little kids comes a distant last.

Regarding spooky patter, a spongeball routine with Houdini's eyeballs, or supposed eyeballs, would be nice. "If you squeeze his eyeballs, it disappears, and then reappears in your hand ... this goes to show that it's not about the magician performing the magic, but the magic in the magician."

Cheers,
JTM

do self tying shoe lace and be like"ohhwooo ghost are tying my shoooooes.."

Haha! Quite the spooky.

Deep within the jungles of Borneo,dark magic and the occult is still practiced till today. The "Bomoh" (a.k.a Witchdoctors) sometimes are called to perform rituals for revenge. To identify the victims they would send a spirit to mark the arms of the victim.

Here... I will give you an example... select a card...(then go on and do stigmata)

There's many things which you can do with this. These ideas are awesome. Distortion could even have a spooky patter. You could start off by saying "Around this time of year spirits are always present, whether you can see them or not, and they do miraculous things, and for magicians, they're like our best friends. Then perform your favourite effect or whatever and say you force the 6 on them, you take the deck and make a prediction and pull out the gimmicked card saying was it a 4 of diamonds? They'll say no and then you could go: "With the spirits as my guide for this I can show you a way in which they can reveal your card in a way which isn't humanly possible. Perform the finishing moves, and just end it however you feel. I'm going to do that.

-RA69

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
I think you should dress sponge bunnies up in little costumes, or tie tissue paper around them so they look like ghosts.

OR

Call them sponge bunnies OF DEATH....OOOOO SPooky!!!!!

I know, I'm a genius.

Katie

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results