Not another Chris Kenner 1-on-1... Wait that's me.

Sep 1, 2007
CULLING CULLING CULLING!!!! i can't beleive I didn't think of that. A 1on1 on culling would be better than sliced bread. I'm sure one of the artists has a killer cull.

Sep 1, 2007
CULLING CULLING CULLING!!!! i can't beleive I didn't think of that. A 1on1 on culling would be better than sliced bread. I'm sure one of the artists has a killer cull.

Want to learn how to cull? Get Kostya's Roadrunner Cull DVD. He's the king of culling.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Man I love the Benzais spinout... I'm gonna have to pick this up when I have the monies.

Future suggestions?... More utility moves with a trick to use at the end perhaps?

Too many of these 1-on-1's are people saying "This is a cool trick I've got it down in about an hour or 2 it's so easy!" and then a couple of months later it's like "Oh yeah I remember that trick.". Utility moves, like the 4for4 switch people will be able to use continuously in a number of tricks where it can be used.

I added a 4for4 switch into your Twister reset-effect and changed it into not so much a reset routine but into a one-at-a-time transpo from cards in my hand, to cards on a box.

Then again... I'm a sucker for Utility moves, Colour changes and in the hands stuff; my name is Sean Rafael and I'm a Move Monkey. :p

- Sean

P.S. Ooh afterthought, how about a special 1-on-1 with a full length routine? You could just explain one of the things you use in that routine, but then also say how you've linked it together with the others?... Just a thought. :)

P.P.S This went on far longer than I originally anticipated.

Sep 1, 2007
Yo, CK, how's about Torn Asunder?

No, I'm just kidding (or am I?). I agree with Sean. Some utility moves would be great. Specifically some coin utilities. Why don't you and DG call up Homer Liwag and have a coin party 1-on-1?

I've heard rumors that you'll star in the next T11 DVD...care to comment?

Thanks,

Ben Long.

Sep 1, 2007
I love some utility moves. Because they are utility moves. You can practice them while watching TV and use it a lot. Especially your 4for4 swtich, which I have been practicing for quite a long time. So maybe a utility move as nice as a 4for4 switch.
Cheers
Andrew

Hi Chris,

How about a video on creativity ?
Or something about public management ?
Why not shooting a video about how to get the spectator involved and how to create emotional hooks ?
I guess there is already a lot of sleights and tricks in the 1on1 section right now.
If we want to learn more tricks/sleights, then we'd better start reading books.

Talking about tricks:
A few tricks without coins or cards would be nice.
I guess it's easier to get the spectator personally involved with something like their wedding ring, the way they dress, the perfume they wear, the love of their life, etc.
Maybe a few ideas from Michael Weber ? :)

As Sebastien Clergue is used to say "where is my hook ?".

Thanks,

S.

Aug 23, 2008
Chris,

One thing i would want to see you teach is your Menage a Trois. I learned it from your book, but reading a book....and actually seeing the inventor of the trick performing it and teaching it is, in my opinion, is a lot easier to learn.

Jun 4, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Hey Chris,

i havnt bought your recent 1 on 1. i looks great and all but i just dont know what to do with a 4 of a kind after i make it appear from the deck.

as for new 1 on 1's i would like to see more tricks from your book or the expert on the card table. i know for me its really hard to follow along the discriptions from erdanse's book.

but what i really want is a theory 11 DVD with all your tricks from Totaly out of Control. . . ;)

hope this helps

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
i just dont know what to do with a 4 of a kind after i make it appear from the deck.

You don't know anything with a four-of-a-kind? Wow, how long have you been doing magic for?

And thank you so much Chris, for this 1-on-1. I've been looking for this move for ages, and I can finally complete my gambling routine. Perfect. :)

-Sam H

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
Some detailed work on card palming would be nice. One handed and two handed, as well as what to do with that d@#n hand once it's palming a card.

Also, a couple of tricks which rely on heavy misdirection would be interesting. There have been several discussions on here centering around Misdirection vs Moves. I'd like to see a couple of hard hitting tricks that would build people's confidence in using misdirection.

Oct 3, 2007
germany
Something else that the 1 on 1 is currently missing is a nice matrix effect. Other than that, I would also second the idea of having a card cheat 1-on-1. It would be nice to learn some effective means of stacking (secretly of course ;)), second / bottom dealing etc.

Also, something that I think could help quite a few people would be a 1-on-1 not explaining an effect, but giving thoughts on performance and routining. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results