Old School Magicians?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
Ok, so I guess your saying that adding flourishes to your magic makes it better. I'd say it doesn't. Maybe adding a flourish here and there, could enhance it, but not make it better.

Patter, or as you call it "Mouthgarbage" is what turns a "a cool trick," into an amazing performance that the spectator won't forget for a long time. A spectator will watch Brian Tudor, and say wow he could cut the cards really fast, and make my card come to the top a lot. The fact that they see him moving his hands and cards so fast, I think it automatically takes the magic out of it. Now instead of magic, its more like quick hands.

I know your not going to give up your point of view, but thats alright, because thats why magic is such an art. Everyone has different personal preferences, and a different way of doing everything. Thats why its so great. All I'm saying, is that you don't have to try and convince everyone of that they are wrong. If you think that magic should be silent, with no patter, and quick and straight to the point, then I wish you luck to make it at all in the magic business.

Brian, I'm really intrested in knowing how many performances you do per week .....

Its easy to have thoughts in your mind, but to test them out is the real thing that makes them stand out. I didn't read any post ( I don't have the time, sorry :) ), but try to get a magician like Michael Ammar perform for laymen, then a guy who does 5 minutes of cuts and them produce a card from their mouth.

A friend of mine watched me and another guy, and clearly said that that guy sucked.

On the other hand, a friend of mine performed a showcase of skill with cards, and entertained his spectators very well. Showcase of skill is not bad, but saying that not showing is, is Naive. Brain, told you before, don't use such words if you want your posts to be taken seriously.

While you may not like it ( which is understandable ), many people find it very entertaining. I showed you before exmaples of GOOD performances, and you saw how the trick went. The video you posted is a VERY good performance, while it might seem like it on camera, in real life its different.

Go perform man. I told you this before, go test stuff out.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Actually... I'm sorry BrianationX, I lost my cool. But my point of view stands, I am just apologizing for aggressive portions of my statements.

http://www.theory11.com/beginners.php

That's all I have left to say. One gotta do what he or she wants to do for magic. That's it. If you can't respect that, well I've got nothing more to say. If you can, that would be awesome. Thanks.

KatieKenner

that girl who posts videos sometimes / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
Hello Everyone,

Due to you giving in to the "internet fame". I'm going to have to close this thread. It has turned into a discussion, about bashing a fellow member.

Keep it clean. You guys are awesome.

Love,

Katie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results