On going Ellusionist/Theory11 comparisons

Ellusionist promotes there products, so what. I bet most young people on this forum searched magic online and found Ellusionist and that’s how they got hooked on magic. Some of the people that bash Ellusionist used to post every day on there forums. Also I thing the rivalry only exists in there costumers heads there are Ellusionist moderators that post here at Theory 11. Every time I look at these forums I see a Theory 11/Ellusionist thread, I have never seen one on Ellusionist.

Sorry for the typing I know my ideas are really out of order but I hope i made some good points.

Sep 1, 2007
Side note to Steerpike: Your proof of Houchin not being banned; would it be the Ultragaff? :)

It never occurred to anybody to look up Wayne's user profile on the E forums? Supreme logic from the supreme being!

effects like the axis change and revolution coin vanish. those are tricks that are sold for 10 - 20 $ but are simple enough to be sold in t11's 1 on 1 section for 5 bucks each.

Simplicity or complexity is not the criterion for pricing, kid.

Amazing how many people start pulling the victim card whenever they discover how gullible they are.

Sep 1, 2007
Look at the SNC, the Cerca Trova forum and the media section

What does these things bring to the magic community?
They bring magicians together and help them share ideas. Make them do fun things and show different sides of themselves.

Look at the 1o1 videos, the news page and all the DVD's

These things show that the t11 team is always active. They really show that they have a passion for producing kick-ass DVD's, rather than hyping ONE DVD for a year or two before they release it.

Ellusionist doesn't show that much productivity at all. Look at the Shadow Masters contest they had, the final video hasn't even been shown yet, and it's half a year since then!

Look at E's front page, they literally tell you why THEY are the best magic-company in the world and that they urge to bring you "the newest in cool magic tricks, magic videos,custom playing cards, coin magic, card tricks & free magic tricks."

Please don't take my word for it, look for yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are people treating magic shops as some kind of clubs or mafia?!

Ellusionist is a magic shop with its products, theory11 is a magicshop with its products. MJM magic is a magicshop with almost all the products.

Just buy and use the material well to entertain your audience.

Sometimes I think that such debates are made just because some people simply have too much empty time on their hands, sit on computer, go to forums just for chatting and blobing.

Forums are one way to improve your magic, if you don't perform, why the heck are you improving your magic for?!

Cheers,

Here is a story my cousin use to work for Coca Cola company. When we would go to a restaurant and order our drinks if they was serving Pepsi products he would get either Tea or Coffee... Why because he was loyal to the company that paid him. Now me... I am going to drink either a Pepsi or a Coke.... I don't care.

Right now we are comparing Pepsi and Coke....

T11 puts out some good products (at least everything that I have bought so far has been good) and the same thing with Ellusionist's. And over the past 6 or so years that I have been shopping at Ellusionist I have always had good Customer Service and I haven't been disappointed by a purchase yet.

So why do I buy from T11 you might ask yourself... the same reason as above (minus the 6 years part since T11 has been around that long)

I buy the products that suit my style of magic.

As far as W:H being banned from Ellusionist well he isn't (here is my proof)

Now here is a quote from Wayne made at the Ellusionist forum that I think fits this thread...

The bottom line here is that both sites & companies have unique products & approaches. If both companies were offering the same products - it would be a competition, but this is simply not the case. This is NOT a competition & the sooner that we all realize this, the sooner we can continue to move forward.

Jakeh - I just looked at the first 10 pages of the general forum for Deleted thread considering T11 they aren't there (and since I am a Moderator at Ellusionist I can see deleted threads)

Sep 1, 2007
Okay, I propose a new rule that those who continue to kvetch about other sites need a 3-day ban to learn how to shut up.

Show of hands?

Steerpike, the only thing have done in this thread is whining about how people should stop giving thier own thoughts about E and t11. If someone hates E, there is no way you can stop them, and acting like a seven-year-old certainly won't make it any better.

Sep 1, 2007
If someone hates E, there is no way you can stop them, and acting like a seven-year-old certainly won't make it any better.

Practice what you preach.

I don't talk about shops that I hate because nobody cares what I think. I simply do not have the influence to make anybody give a flying toss about where I get my material from. And neither do you.

You want to proselytize? Do it to your cat. It's just as productive as doing it here.

Medifro is right, you people treat magic like it's the mafia.

Oct 6, 2007
Steerpike, the only thing have done in this thread is whining about how people should stop giving thier own thoughts about E and t11. If someone hates E, there is no way you can stop them, and acting like a seven-year-old certainly won't make it any better.

It's what he lives for!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results