Orbit Control

Jul 7, 2010
I need some new controls and I'm wondering if the orbit control is really worth all the hype. I want to know if it's really worth $8
so is the move really invisible 360 degrees and how long does it take to master?
If you could answer it would really help me out

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
I don't know about you, but for me it definitely isn't invisible 360 degrees... I don't think anyone does it good enough for it to be completely invisible... I never use it...

Sep 20, 2009
Speaking as a Professional Magician yes it's usable, in fact very usable. with a little tweaking it's invisible for me, and less hand movement. i've used it at many of my professional gigs.

also the Orbit Cop is nice too

May 10, 2010
I think the Orbit Control is a very useful, very versatile and very practical move if done correctly. Honestly the only bad angle is the bottom, and no one really will be looking upwards while you're performing! On the contrary, anyone on your left, front, right, or even behind (I think this is what Chris Brown meant by being invisible 360 degrees) can't see the move as long as they're not under the deck of cards. You may laugh, but you've gotta take note of people sitting down, it hurts. Your hands essentially cover everything casually. The control doesn't really require much movement of the fingers, but with a little bit of misdirection it's an awesome control of a single playing card. I use it all the time, especially when I can't get away with a pass. In fact, it doesn't take long to learn, but it does take a while to master it, and by that I mean taking care of certain flashes when you control the card. That said, the Orbit Control doesn't only control the card to the top, if you wish it you can control it to the bottom. And as mentioned above, the control can be moved into a palm as well. I definitely support you getting it!

Apr 20, 2010
I sort of stumbled across this control on my own when playing with a certain move in magic. I didn't get the on demand until after I had perfected my version. I use "it" every time I perform. It's completely invisible for me.

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
I use the Orbit control numerous times in my close up show and it is great for an ACR routine. I use it all the time and have been using it for a long time. Mine is invisible so I'm sure with practice you will have a great time using this killer slight. TIP: It is that type of slight where you don't really have to focus on it too much, just practice as you are watching television.

Have a good one

–Anna Harris

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results