Origin of the name Sybil...

ChrisKenner

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
I noticed a thread about the origin of the name "Sybil" I thought I would give you some insight.

I gave the cut the name "Sybil".

The name comes from a women named Sybil Isabel Dorsett. She is one of the most famous cases of multiple personalities ever. I figured that that cut had multiple packets so it was a perfect name. I have been calling it sybil since back in the mid 80's. I just assumed that everyone made the connection since there have been several movies about her.

Well, now you know.

Chris Kenner

Dec 8, 2007
Interesting... hmmm... Sybil Isabel Dorsett huh... time for a little wikipedia excursion...

Sep 1, 2007
Orange, CA
kevhonline.net
didnt Brian Tudor create sybil?

Brian Tudor created What the Hell Happened to Sybil which premiered in his instructional videotape 'Showoff', long after Kenner put out OOC/TOOC.

The original Sybil, of course, was invented by prestigious Austrian card manipulators back in the 17th century.

*cough*

-Kev, The Virts

Deryn

Elite Member
Sep 4, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
www.instagram.com
Brian Tudor created What the Hell Happened to Sybil which premiered in his instructional videotape 'Showoff', long after Kenner put out OOC/TOOC.

The original Sybil, of course, was invented by prestigious Austrian card manipulators back in the 17th century.

*cough*

-Kev, The Virts

owned.. nice, Kev

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
I noticed a thread about the origin of the name "Sybil" I thought I would give you some insight.

I gave the cut the name "Sybil".

The name comes from a women named Sybil Isabel Dorsett. She is one of the most famous cases of multiple personalities ever. I figured that that cut had multiple packets so it was a perfect name. I have been calling it sybil since back in the mid 80's. I just assumed that everyone made the connection since there have been several movies about her.

Well, now you know.

Chris Kenner

That's pretty cool Chris.

Now I just need to find the time to crack open TOOC and learn how to the do the cut. I do have one question though. In the book, which sections teaches the cut itself? Sybil, Sybil the Trick, or 5 Faces of Sybil?

Shane

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results