Original trick for the wire?

May 28, 2010
UK
hi guys
i have been thinking about putting a move on the wire and i am looking for two things, the first of which is somebody or some people with more magic knowledge than me to tell me if the move it original im aware that once submitted theory 11 check it but i cant afford to film the tutorial unless i know that it in all probability is original.
the second thing that i would like is some thoughts on what the price should be and if it is even worth publishing (obviously i think it is but the magic community might not).
if anyone can help with this that would be much appreciated. especially the members that have been here since the beginning William Draven, Steerpike, Luis Vage the advice you guys give is always good.
thanks for your time
Ben Seward

I believe there is an entire separate forum for all wire related nonsense. I'd recommend that you request a mod to move your post there where it will get better reception.

Since I've been called out by name on this, I'll add this. I'm not the definitive expert on card slights. I can tell you if I think I've seen it before, but I'm no Max Mavin. As for price, if it's a sleight and nothing more fleshed out than that maybe 5 bucks or less. If you actually have a presentation, patter, routine, then no more than 10. If you really break it down, teach alternative handling, teach other ideas that could be done with it, include performance shots, credits, basically produce it at a Theory11 DvD quality, then you may be able to get away with charging 20 for it, but remember 20 or more for a download is a bit steep. A lesson I've learned with my own ebook release on the wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 28, 2010
UK
thank you Draven for the offer, if you haven't seen it before then thats a good start towards discovering if it is original. What would be the best way of showing you the move and method? I have a very preliminary draft which is straight out of my note book with a few photos to help explain. I know its very difficult for one person to know every move but if I got a rough idea of even the likelihood of it being original then it would be worth submitting. To my knowledge I have never seen anyone use it and I've not seen it in print. I stumbled across the move while trying to learn Daniel Madisons snap.d so I don't think is been done before.
thanks for your time and I appreciate you sharing your own experience with me
Ben Seward

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results