Out of Sight, Out of Mind - CC2

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Is it me, or is this trick pretty much impossible..?

I just did it and I couldn't get the selection.. what's worse is if the selection is one of the first 3 cards, there is no explanation of what to do..

Even worse STILL.. in the actual explanation video for the effect on Crash Course 2, Brad screws up the trick and gets the wrong selection at the end. He picks the 8 of Spades and finishes the trick with the 9 of Spades..

Grr.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
He didn't really screw the trick up. He just forgot whether he shuffled the first 3 cards off while he was explaining, hence the 8 of spades became another card.

And no, this trick isn't impossible. However, I dislike the method which he teaches. I find it too troublesome and complicated. I use 'Thought Stealer' or 'The Shamus Card' from the Card College series instead.

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
oh awesome!

i do like the effect, but that method is quite tricky to remember.. not only the order of the whole routine, but 3 "alternate endings" if you will.. so there's a lot more to remember.

thanks for those names mang.

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
That thought stealer routine was the hilarious.

I was going to flame you after that but seeing as you live in Melbourne, it cannot be you.

haha.. hell no. come on man, gotta give me a BIT of respect. :D

that performance was just horrible, and also the fact that he said "shuffle the rest of them off" as if to say 'everything above the break' and he was just running SINGLE CARDS. ugh. i couldn't watch at some points it was that bad.

seriously.. flame on.

Apr 26, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
http://youtube.com/user/haroof2

PLEASE WATCH THESE VIDEOS.

especially this one: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5zGqcgiUaFQ
^^ disappearing card!! :eek: ^^

he states how much he loves magic yet he openly states "WILL TRADE ALL TRICKS"

i'm just a kid who loves magic.

***I*TRADE*TRICKS***
some i know

gaff magic

spectator cuts aces

penetration((only 1)The 1 one the video)(Need certain material)

Healed and sealed

Fraud

Self tying shoelace

Do as i do

Hover card :)not tradeable:)

about 28 sponge ball tricks:(Need sponge Balls):

World greatest card trick

snap change

flix spin change

indecent

quarter vanish

2 card vanishes

card levitation

saw

stigmata

and more AIM is Toxxic26 so is My XBX LIVE GT

TRICKS I WANT 2 LEARN

MaDVS STRING THEORY

puncture

all card changes(i know a few)

oh jeez.. this kid is so bad on so many levels.

Apr 9, 2008
Singapore
Ohmygod.What a pathetic performance of thought stealer :eek: He makes the trick look so bad.

jimmah01 if you need any help with 'out of sight,out of mind' PM me and I'll try to help you out.

Jun 13, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Is it me, or is this trick pretty much impossible..?

I just did it and I couldn't get the selection.. what's worse is if the selection is one of the first 3 cards, there is no explanation of what to do..

Even worse STILL.. in the actual explanation video for the effect on Crash Course 2, Brad screws up the trick and gets the wrong selection at the end. He picks the 8 of Spades and finishes the trick with the 9 of Spades..

Grr.

I do this trick all the time and love it. As was said earlier in this post, while talking Brad forgot if he already shuffled the 3, which is why he ended up with something different. That's something that's easy to do when talking to people which is why a distraction is not good for any magician.

If the selection is one of the first 3 cards, you do the same thing as if it's the second 3 cards. Which is the same thing as the last 3 cards.

Jan 31, 2008
I actually really loved this trick back when I was doing magic, but it is difficult to remember all the steps and what not, but it's totally rewarding if you can pull it off, if you're having trouble understanding brad's teaching on this one (it sucks I know lol) just rewatch and rewatch the video with a deck in hand and practice it with yourself....

and that one kid on youtube is a total ***hole....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results