Packet Trick Recommendations

Dec 25, 2008
Hi, I'm thinking of putting more packet tricks into my routine. I want you guys' recommendations. I have a couple conditions.

Four ace tricks are good, but if you could recommend me some packet tricks that aren't four ace, that would be great.

I would rather stay away from any tricks that reqruie gimmicks or gaffs. Something I could perform using a regular pack.

Thanks!

Aug 18, 2008
I am a huge fan of packet tricks
I carry several all the time
Here are my recommendations to you

This and That (color monte)
Ultimate 3 card monte (check penguinmagic)
Twisted Sisters

Also, check out supercards by richard sanders. It is full of packet tricks that all use a very simple gimmick. Well worth the price

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Packet Trick is a fun subject!
anyways...
you want non gimmick packet tricks and thats fine but in my opinion, the most amazing ones are usually the ones with gaffs and what not.
Now the gimmicked ones there are too many to mention. But lemme just say a good source would be :
-Packet Killer by Simon Lovel: Packet Trick DVD. Comes with Gaffs and DVD. Teaches you everything you need to know. Some are good, some arent. Basically a imagination booster. Some are gaffed some arent.
-SuperCards by Richard Sanders: A nice DVD with many tricks revolving around one principle. The effect is pretty good and is able to pack a big hit, but the principle itself, I dont like. It is good, but just not my style.
-Montes: All montes are nice. There are some which are gaffed, some arent. I do the Stand Up Monte the most. There is also the Ultimate Monte and all the other montes you find. They revolve around the same effect and what not.
-MAGIC: Im not sure the actual name of the brand and what ever, but this company makes a few packet tricks which is self contained gaffs. They are pretty interesting effects. A few of which is A Salesman's Night Out and Wrong Again Watson!
-John Bannon: Bannon is a great source of packet tricks and normal tricks as well. He has great books with the most imaginative effects ever. Some use gaffs, some use extras, some are impromptu. Love his stuff.
-David Solomon: His stuff is a bit on the "okay..." side, but I love his style. You just have to see his tricks to get what i mean.

And for the non- gaffed:
-Aldo Colombini: I would say he is your best source. He has many DVDs out on card magic. He has a wide collection of non gaffed packet tricks and he even has a DVD on Packet Tricks.
-Cameron Francis: He has a few DVDs with a nice range of card magic. Some are packet, some arent.
-Paul Harris: He never fails to make me happy. Although he doesnt really focus on packet tricks. He did create the Reset, which i just want to point out.
-J.C. Wagner: Love this guy. Hes great at cards and his trick, Logical Lesson is a classic. Also check out his Queens Debate, which is a great ace assembly ish kinda thing but will blow your mind.

Anyways...
Thats about it.
Its really hard to recommend packet tricks as well yea...
Ill just throw the names of a few tricks at ya and you go find the effects:
- The Ultimate Backflip by Jeremy Pei
- Klassy Card Trick by someone (haha sorry)
- Stickmen 4 by Richard Sanders: Sanders also has a few good packet tricks but theyre kinda impractical
- Logical Lesson by JC Wagner
- Drink trick by Simon Lovell. Kinda non gaffed
- The Flowing Pips by Hiro Sakai
- The Turnover trick by someone. It came in one of those tiny little packets in a plastic bag from a company no one has heard of.
- Reset by Paul harris
- Repro Retro by Bebel
- Back to the Future by Sleightsensation on Youtube
- Marked for Life by John Cornelius

Im sure you can find alot of packet tricks on Youtube anyways.
Packet tricks work great on camera, so a lot of youtube guys might have them

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results