Panic with transported card.

Sep 1, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I do not know if this topic has come up before, but what if you tried panic with someone card, like say following an ACR. Like giving them their card, putting the kings in your pocket, then vanishing the deck to find not 4 kings, but 3 kings and their card. The card they have been holding turns out to be the 4th king.

Has anyone tried this? If so, were the reactions better, or do you think it takes away from the main idea of the trick?

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I do not know if this topic has come up before, but what if you tried panic with someone card, like say following an ACR. Like giving them their card, putting the kings in your pocket, then vanishing the deck to find not 4 kings, but 3 kings and their card. The card they have been holding turns out to be the 4th king.

Has anyone tried this? If so, were the reactions better, or do you think it takes away from the main idea of the trick?

Meh, I think that it would make them suspicious. Look at if from their eyes: Why vanish all cards but theirs and 3 Kings, why not all but theirs?
I suppose that it could be done, maybe if you forced a King onto them, but I'm still not to sure on how they would react...

Sep 2, 2007
Meh, I think that it would make them suspicious. Look at if from their eyes: Why vanish all cards but theirs and 3 Kings, why not all but theirs?
I suppose that it could be done, maybe if you forced a King onto them, but I'm still not to sure on how they would react...

I think that it would work if you have several spectators, and you force a King for four of them, and you have the fifth one select a random card. Then, vanish the deck, and have all five selected cards appear in your hand, with the rest of the deck appearing in your back pocket.

Cheers,
JTM

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I think that it would work if you have several spectators, and you force a King for four of them, and you have the fifth one select a random card. Then, vanish the deck, and have all five selected cards appear in your hand, with the rest of the deck appearing in your back pocket.

Cheers,
JTM

A good idea.
I'll have to try it out sometime.

liquidsn

Tony Chang / Creator, Be Kind Change, DVR, The Uni
Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
I don't think this would work unless the kings changed colors and the deck turned blank.

seriously... keep the effects simple and powerful.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
Actually Chris, Widespread Panic, the advanced handling of panic. Starts off with a very easy no palm Travelers effect and leads right into Panic.

Actually Chris, Widespread Panic, the advanced handling of panic. Starts off with a very easy no palm Travelers effect and leads right into Panic.
Well there's one move that I'm finding kind of difficult, but after you get that down, it's easy.

And what you're describing is possible, but I think that it would just be cluttering up this beautifully simple effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results