Passes

Dec 22, 2007
What do you think is the best and most angle proof pass? I say dribble pass. its completely angle proof.

Aug 7, 2008
I'm no expert on passes (in fact i'm terrible at them), but a classic pass can be modified to be angle proof from the left right and front, leaving only the back, which is covered by your body anyway!

Sep 2, 2007
What do you think is the best and most angle proof pass? I say dribble pass. its completely angle proof.

When you proform a classic pass with descent speed and misdirection it's pretty much angle proof. Remember, laymen don't even know what a pass is let alone what one looks like. If you do a pass in front of their face, they don't know what to look for therefore you should alredy be done with the pass before they even know what hit them.

Jul 14, 2008
I gotta say that Dribble control is probably the best. Everytime I do the pass, it just execute poorly, but will practise to perfection.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I have a pass that I've just kind of been messing around with, going to research a ton more to make sure it's not already published but I rather enjoy practicing it, and since I use misdirection about as good as anyone it's the easiest for me.

The classic has served me well though, it's not my go to move, but works well when I need it.

Herman Shift is a very good pass-as is the Spread pass. I've yet to dedicate the practice that either of them deserve though, so I don't have either angle proof(and natural looking).

Feb 28, 2008
I've gotten down the Hermann Pass so that it's invisible. It's a good pass.

Totally agree... Angle proof, nothing really is, but I think you about a good 135 degrees on your spectator, if not more. It never gets caught when I do it...

Sep 1, 2007
Personally, I just use a Classic Pass. All you need is a split second to pull off the sleight. Just connect eyes with the spectator, and there's your split second to discreetly Pass. Just an idea though, ultimately do what works for you the best.

May 17, 2008
The flick pass one I created it can be done from all angels.But you have to becarful about the right side if you screw up just by a bit they will see it.

Indiana.C

i usually use the classic pass and i just talk when i do it and get their attention for a split second
i also do the spread pass that nelson teaches.
ive done that for friends while they were burning my hands and never noticed

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
This question is fairly redundant...

No one pass is 'more effective' than the other, It's a question of mastering the move, or getting as close to mastery as is possible. I've seen people do the Joel Givens pass very deceptively, I've seen people mess up a riffle pass... The move isn't the problem, it's the hands that practice it and the misdirective ability of the individual.

IMHO.

CL

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
Outjogged herman pass

I have done the outjogged herman pass almost fully surrounded and with some spectators burning my hands . still nobody saw it.If you practise you can make every single move inviible.
my favorite control is the bluff pass. it is great and if you combine it with the subtleties from Aaron Fisher's book (Paper engine) it is one of the best controls

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
I just use the classic pass, there is really no need to do anything more complicated than that. Card goes in center, I look them in the eyes.. and I'm done. They never know what just happened.... eye contact is a wonderful tool.

Sep 1, 2007

I mean, the dribble pass is good until your spec starts paying attention. A lot of the time, I feel like an overhand shuffle control is the best for "losing" a card because it looks as if it would be very difficult to control a card in the mess of other cards.

But the dribble pass is good--balls-y, but good. I'm quickly becoming a big fan of the spread pass, but it's crap if you're audience isn't at the good angle.

Sep 21, 2008
I personally use the spread pass and the classic pass. I usually use the spread though because I dont need to mis-direct when I do it, its all the the guise of squaring up the deck.

When I first started in card magic I was using double under cuts and swing, swivle to control, but once you get your pass down, it helps to create a better mental mysticism for the spectator, instead of doing some flashy cutting they cant follow they see their card go into the deck and they dont see anything and suddenly there it is.

Certainly creates a better moment of "HUH"

Paul Green - The Classic Pass is a good video to check out if you can find it.
So is Richard Kauffman on the pass.

There's no best pass, just one that suits you the best and you can perform well. I'm partial to my "Drop Pass", in when executed quickly it just looks like the top packets cleanly dropped onto the bottom packet. The sleight's done before the packets even touch.

For those of you who haven't seen it I have a video of me performing it slowly, even in slow motion it gets lay people. But you guys will have no problem seeing it's a Hermann Pass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BagtiKdON8

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results