Past Midnight Commercial DVD by Ben Earl

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
Yes, a lot of the stuff will need a fair amount of practice and I was surprised by how many of the tricks need some kind of setup, but they should be fairly easy for you to achieve if you know what you're doing.

Plus he clearly knows what he's talking about and offers some really valuable insights into performing and the importance of being natural etc.

There's nothing really amazingly brand spankingly new on there, so don't expect amazing knuckle busting sleight of hand like on the trilogy, but the techniques are really a joy to behold, and when you see the performances you'll be thinking.... "how the heck did he do that?" and then you'll say "you cheeky little bugger" once you watch the explanation.

In short, you won't regret buying the set. The only niggle I had was the majority of the stuff needed some kind of table, which shouldn't be a problem for most people but I wasn't ecstatic about that. Just something to bear in mind.

Forgot to mention, you really need to be at home with the basic stuff such as palming, culling and passes etc. He doesn't rush through the explanations at blinding speed but he doesn't hold your hand either =P

Oct 9, 2007
If you don't know the classic pass or the hofsinzer cull then you will struggle on a few of the effects.

The third DVD really blew me away but when you watch the explanations it's astonishingly simple anyone can do it. Thought of card to pocket being a very simple one. But things like the grey shuffle, you'll be practicing that for weeks, but it looks so damn good.

You won't regret buying it though. The second DVD is all on the table and the third is all in the hands. The first is about even I'd say.

I have bought this DVD 2 days ago and haven't been home and had any time to watch the DVD yet. I did however watched 5mins of the first DVD so, for what I seen so far, It blew me away. Can't wait to see the rest of the DVDs. Ill re-post once I've seen all the material.

Cheers,

-Justin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results