Perfect Asunder?

Anyone have info on a T&R card effect called Perfect Asunder? Its by a magician from Finland who goes by the name Mix Star (Mikael Mikkonen)
How does this compare to other T&R card effects out their?

Is the original Torn Asunder ever going to be released?

Chad

There was a full-page ad in the February 1993 issue of Genii advertising Torn Asunder. Some statements from the ad were "AS presented by David Copperfield on The Magic of David Copperfield XV", "Available only from the Camirand Academy" (that's a magic site/shop, if you didn't know), "limited to 25 sets" and that the "price is $500.00".

The ad credits Chris Kenner and Gary Ouellet as the 'inventors', Copperfield and Don Wayne for additional tips, David Williamson for the 'pull-off signature'. Camirand Academy was credited for the 'Puff of Smoke System', which had to be purchased separately

Well...the main man himself is on these boards...Chris...can you fill us in? Why was it never released? Will it ever be released? Hasn't Copperfield had his time with it? He performed it once i believe...then it can never be performed again? There has only been one version which looks better ever created that i know of, which is 'Bits and Pieces' by Gared Crawford. His is so fair, clean and open, it really is impossible to beat the look. What i want to know is...can Torn Asunder be performed with a playing card? Or does it have to be something small like a baseball card so it can stay hidden behind the fingers

Sep 2, 2007
hey everyone, The are two asunders out there. Torn asunder, 500$, chris kenner, unreleased (Almost though!) and Perfect asunder, which is about 30 bucks and looks amazing!

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
Well...the main man himself is on these boards...Chris...can you fill us in? Why was it never released? Will it ever be released? Hasn't Copperfield had his time with it? He performed it once i believe...then it can never be performed again? There has only been one version which looks better ever created that i know of, which is 'Bits and Pieces' by Gared Crawford. His is so fair, clean and open, it really is impossible to beat the look. What i want to know is...can Torn Asunder be performed with a playing card? Or does it have to be something small like a baseball card so it can stay hidden behind the fingers

From what I've heard and read around the place, the full page ad was there for a reason and what is written was furfilled.
Also, it contry to popular belief Torn Asunder does not have to be performed for the camera only. It can be performed live.
No reason I see that it can not be performed with a playing card.
I believe the reason that a baseball card was used is because it was worth half a million dollars at the time, just a fraction more impressive than doing it with a playing card don't you think?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iYSeqF6Ww84

Here is the video I saw of Perfect Asunder. Its not the best quality but I think you can see how good the effect looks. I have also seen a video by Gared Crawford of an effect called Unripped. This looks as good as PA, but apparently the method leaves something to be desired. Can anyone give some comparisons?

Chad

Ps..yet another is Fusion by Sean Fields. How does it compare to Unripped?

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Unripped is Gared Crawfords old T&R... he has a much better one called Bits and Pieces (I think...) but is gonna keep it among himself and a couple of others who came along the method

Perfect Asunder looks good but the site it was available from seems to not be working at the moment???

Ok I just watched the vid you posted and the beginning looks soooo awkward, and I don't like the backs changing colour... I think I may have come upon this method while mucking around with my own ideas... but this is just from the video you posted. The first vid I saw looked cleaner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
UK
Yeah thats the one... cheers for posting it here

Looks to be excellent and those in the know believe it to be the last word in T&R effects

I am looking forward to seeing the one being released through T11

Sep 1, 2007
Perfect Asunder looks absolutly terrible. Why do you think there are gaps in between the pieces? Hmm. I know for a fact that the card can not be examined. From what I hear, Bits & Pieces can be examined, but the card cannot be kept as a souvineer. I do not believe Torn Asunder will be sold, because it seems like it is made for TV. We'll just have to wait and see what Mathieu's trick has to offer.

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
Gared Crawfords Bits and Pieces looks really good. Is this available for purchase? I am not concerned about handing the card out after, a simple switch with my Widow will do lol.

Jeremy

Jeremy Hanrahan

Craftsman, <a href="http://www.theory11.com/gear/h
Sep 1, 2007
Simcoe Ontario Canada
As it stands Gared Crawford, Glenn West and Sean Fields are keeping this for themselves indefinitely :(

Seen Glenn perform seamless up close and it rocked. I like how open Crawfords handling is, and have no worries of handing it out. Maybe I can use those pics I have of Glenn from the CAM convention, and extort a copy lol

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results