Performance Help

Oct 16, 2007
Centreville Va
Hey guys,
I go to Old Dominion University in norfolk Va and we are haveing this contest ODU's got talent and im kinda stuck on what to do... i have about 5 mins to impress the crowd and the judges... we might be alotted more time if not alot of ppl sign up for the contest... any ideas?
thanks for the help and support guys

-Dean

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
hmmm, you know what would help telling us what type of magic you do?

because I have loads of suggestions to try and help people stuck in your position.

Oct 16, 2007
Centreville Va
well i do card magic mostly but im trying to step more into stage stuff so im looking for a trick thats visual and hard hitting that doesnt take a load of time to do... someone said invisible deck... i was thinking about doing that but im not sure if its big enough for large stage...ive done it for a smaller act but not sure if it works here.... i also have another full length show coming up with my partner and we are alil stumped here also if you have any ideas for that one that would be good too...

Feb 5, 2010
a good effect that would work well on stage would be Thread by Wayne Houchin, Levitator by Andrew Mayne,

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
I agree with reapx, lets say you are performing thread:

- You come in the stage
- You talk about sideshows and how they have lately disappeared
- You perform thread

thats one way of doing it , another is:

(NO TALKING)

- slow,mysterious, music starts you come on
- you get to the front of the stage and point for a spectator to help
- you demonstrate with your body that you want the spectator to examine the thread
- You sit down on a stool, crack your knuckles.
- start swallowing the thread
- pull your thread out the eye.

just two examples, try doing one powerful trick and build up to it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results