Phenomenon

Sep 1, 2007
Ok, I did not even hear about this until I went to the E forums to day. And I have not seen anyone talk about it here, so ill post it. All I know about it is from what Gambit said.

heres his post.

So, it's gotten to the point in which I can actually shed some light on the situation dealing with Phenomenon:

Phenomenon is going to be a magic based show where Uri Gellar and Criss Angel are searching for America's next Mentalist. they had roughly 500 people send in tapes of themselves doing mentalism. of those 500 people, 44 were chosen to be flown out to LA (I was one of them) those 44 people were placed in a hotel, and they each had to audition. Of those 44 people, 20 were chosen to make it to the finals. I made it to top twenty which now allows me to say I am one of the top twenty in the country (feels good)

those twenty then auditioned for the executive producers for the show. Of those 20, 15 were chose, 10 for the show and 5 for back up. i was not one of those.

The creative consultant for the show is very well respected name in magic, and he is there to protect the secrets of the show. Now, each week, we get to vote as to who the best performer was.

Just so that you all know, there were some big names there, such as jim carol, yigal mesika, paul vigil, morgan strebler, just to name a few. It should be good for all of us.

So, what do you guys think of this?

Also, if this has been posted sorry, I did not know. I did a search for it and nothing came up.

Aug 31, 2007
Imagination Land
Yigal Mesika ?????

does this guy actually mean he competes with people such as yigal mesika and etc?

Criss angel actually uses all of Yigal's tricks lol

Anyways when will this air and on what channel plz :D

Sep 2, 2007
Anyways when will this air and on what channel plz :D

It will premiere on Wednesday, October 24th at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on NBC.

Here is a brief synopsis about PHENOMENON:

"Mystifier/artist Criss Angel ("Criss Angel MINDFREAK") and famed mentalist Uri Geller will host this mysterious live competition series in which they will conduct an intensive search for the next great mentalist. The series tests 10 hopeful mentalists who must compete each week to demonstrate a wide spectrum of mystifying talents for a panel of weekly celebrity guests and a studio audience. Geller and Angel will assess the contestants but ultimately the winner's fate will be determined by the viewers at home. In addition to voting, each episode will also contain an interactive component to engage the at home audience."

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
It will premiere on Wednesday, October 24th at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on NBC.

Here is a brief synopsis about PHENOMENON:

"Mystifier/artist Criss Angel ("Criss Angel MINDFREAK") and famed mentalist Uri Geller will host this mysterious live competition series in which they will conduct an intensive search for the next great mentalist. The series tests 10 hopeful mentalists who must compete each week to demonstrate a wide spectrum of mystifying talents for a panel of weekly celebrity guests and a studio audience. Geller and Angel will assess the contestants but ultimately the winner's fate will be determined by the viewers at home. In addition to voting, each episode will also contain an interactive component to engage the at home audience."

Cheers,
JTM

This can't be good. This can't be good at all.

Sep 1, 2007
This seems like a terrible idea for mentalism, especially using exposed mentalist Uri Gellar. Doesn't look good :(

Mitchell

Yea, and I'm still trying to understand why chriss angel in on there. the mental stuff he does can be found in banachek's books.

Sep 1, 2007
It would seem more logical to have Banachek, but I guess they used Angel and Uri because they are more famous

Maybe none of them want to do it, I know I would never do it.

The whole point of magic, and mental magic, is to show someone something amazing. But if people see these things all the time, its not that amazing any more. This is just going to screw everything up. And they have chriss angel. What the heck? He does very little mental magic, and if he does do any, its always someone else's material. It blows my mind how far off track tv magic is to day.

as far as i know, and i have known about this for a while, Criss Angel is a part of the show as more of a balance... so say that Uri tries to say that he is doing something with this "powers" Angel will disprove him by using the many technics that magicians have to accomplish the so called "power".. kind of like keeping Uri in check.

if you check out the podcast from itricks you can keep up to date info on this program. they have been giving up dates on what the show is about, who may be involved, etc.

Sep 2, 2007
Well I would like to watch this on TV, and for lay people who don't know about Uri Geller then they'd think it was amazing, since most people think Criss Angel is the best magician who ever lived *rolls eyes*

-RA69

Actually, at school, alot of people know that CA is fake now XD

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results