Picking up girls through cards or magic... share your stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
This past Friday I performed at college party, I had a group of friends standing around watching and a few girls (mostly their girlfriends) one of which was a bit hyped up about the whole thing wanted to see something especially for her. I said fine and told her to pick a card, I took the card and wrote my phone number across it. She laughed at the idea, then I vanished the card... I leaned in to whisper something to here (palmed the card and placed it in her back pocket). Later that night I got a phone call from her about how shocked she was to find the card in her pocket when she tried to change clothes. We have a date this Thursday ;)

Jun 24, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
Magic is a wonderful way to break the ice... though performing for drunk college students is by far some of the best nights I've experienced. Simply because you could toss the card on the ground and say it's gone... they're still shocked.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
This past Friday I performed at college party, I had a group of friends standing around watching and a few girls (mostly their girlfriends) one of which was a bit hyped up about the whole thing wanted to see something especially for her. I said fine and told her to pick a card, I took the card and wrote my phone number across it. She laughed at the idea, then I vanished the card... I leaned in to whisper something to here (palmed the card and placed it in her back pocket). Later that night I got a phone call from her about how shocked she was to find the card in her pocket when she tried to change clothes. We have a date this Thursday ;)

Ok . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .that was an awesome story.
Major props to ya.

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
Magic is a wonderful way to break the ice... though performing for drunk college students is by far some of the best nights I've experienced. Simply because you could toss the card on the ground and say it's gone... they're still shocked.

ROTFL! its true. I dropped a coin audibly onto the floor as a joke and they were all panicing and shouting that i was the greatest magician EVARR

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I do not have any experience performing for college audiences but rather audiences in their late 20's and early 30's. I have found that you need to be careful when there are guys and girls around who are together (dating / engaged / married) because if the girl starts showing interest in what you are doing...and is laughing and giving you attention...this does cause a little bit of jealously with the guys. Then they try to be the tough guy who tries to ruin your trick to make you look bad in front of their girl. Justin Miller makes a great point on his Live at the Jailhouse set. He approaches the guy first and will just tap them or give them some physical contact and do the effect for them to get them on your side first. You don't want it to look like you are trying to move in on their territory although the attention you get is nice at times...ha ha.

I have a great line. Have the girl sign the card. At the end of the trick, just hand the signed card back to them. They will say, "You don't need this card anymore?" Which you respond with, "Only if it has your phone number." Just say it casually and continue talking to other people and she will put the number on her card. It works about 95% of the time. Otherwise they laugh and say that your funny and give you the worthless card bak! Try it and let me know how it works for all of you.

Sep 20, 2008
Israel
It's a shame some of you are missing the point of this thread. No dork can turn cool suddenly buy doing some magic trick, obviously. And half the magic of a trick is sculpted by the magician's personality, and where he wishes to lead it.
This thread was aimed to be about neet stories or ideas like FadedTemp's and Kyle's.

I just created 2 new tricks recently made to meet girls with. I am a dork and I know that. I cannot even get the time of day from a girl, but some card magic really helps out. If you guys are interested I will share the 2 new tricks of mine with you. My hands are cramping up so if you guys reply with a yes, I will rest my hands for a little while and tell you guys my new secrets. I'm just to lazy to type it if no one cares really.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
If you know a ton of great tricks, and go out in the bars and streets, trying to pickup girls with these tricks youll get nowhere.

First you have to understand how women work, how their mind works.

For example, women are attracted to men who "know what they want", confident, cocky/funny

A womans brain determins almost instantly after meeting a guy, weather or not she wants to have a sexual relationship with them,. or put into the "friends" category.
So your first approach should be something that stands out, something that separates you from "the other guys"
an example of what NEVER TO DO, at a bar, is to buy the girl a drink

its expected, its boring, and its PREDICTABLE

this is why magic works well, women love being mistified, fooled, but more importantly, they enjoy having a guy do something out of the norm.

just remember to talk slow, take small breaks in your speech (builds anticipation...but dont talk like you had a stroke)
- take up a lot of room (dont cross arms, when sitting in a chair for example, have your arm extended around the chair or something, shows "territory")
- dont be nervous
-eye contact, dont look away from them until they look away from you, shows your dominant and not nervous (but dont stare at them like you have a knife on you)

D

Deleted member 2755

First you have to understand how women work, how their mind works.

I forgot how women all think the same... silly me.... (That was sarcasm for those who didn't realize.)

This thread makes me disappointed in the whole community here as a whole....

-Doug

baller08

Banned
Sep 21, 2008
I forgot how women all think the same... silly me.... (That was sarcasm for those who didn't realize.)

Everything that Phenomena said is correct. Women don't "think the same", but the great majority of them will react the same on an attraction level. Guys who have an easy time relating to attractive women know this. It is the guys who think that "every woman is different" who have a difficult time. They're too nice, too clingy, and always seeking approval. That is why they're always the friend and never the boyfriend.

Magic is a great way to stand out, but if your inner self is full of insecurities and fear in the presence of beautiful women, it won't matter.

It really depends on how you hold yourself. Gestalts theory on psychology works well in this situation. I do stupid little tricks all hte time and it works well. Witness is a great trick to meet girls with. I don't do trick after trick. I talk to them for a little while and then bring out cards and do some little flourishes and when they ask if I know any tricks I'll do someting simple like a dounble lift trick or card in the pocket. I'll only do a few tricks tehn I'll invite one or two of the girls to go outside or in a side room. Just get them away from all the other people and get some solo time with them. It really does work. Trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results