PINNED :: An effect by V.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
A good friend of mine has recently been releasing effects and sent me a copy to look over.

PINNED

A modern twist on the classic moving hole plot

EFFECT:: The performer points to a pin clearly attached to his/her shirt. It can even be tugged on to make sure it is attached. Without moves or cover of any kind, the pin is visually dragged to any place on the performer's shirt where it is fairly unhooked and examined.

QUALITY/TEACHING:: Pinned is explained in a PDF. The format of the Ebook was very organized and easy to follow. Had no problems here.

METHOD:: Upon learning the method, I was only slightly disappointed. Do not expect a mind blowing, complex technique. However, this is an advantage. The beauty of Pinned is in it's simplicity and practicality making it extremely easy to master and perform.

NEEDED ITEMS:: Besides a pin, there is only one thing required to perform this effect. Some may have the item already, as it is sometimes used in other magic effects. If not, the needed item is very easy to get a hold of.

SET-UP:: Not long at all. If you have the needed items, it will probably take you literally 2 seconds to set this up. You can even set this up in front of a spectator in the simple act of putting the pin on your shirt.

CLEAN-UP:: Clean up for Pinned is built right into the routine. It is completely justified and not suspicious at all.

RESET:: Reset is nothing difficult either. You can attach pin back on your shirt and be ready to go anytime after, even with spectators watching.

PRACTICALITY:: This is where Pinned shines. The amount of work you have do to set this up is next to nothing. The thing I love about this effect is that you can wear any pin you desire throughout the day and not be obligated to perform. I found Pinned works best when someone notices the pin by themselves. This gives you a perfect opportunity to go into the effect.

ANGLES:: Another great thing about Pinned is that it can be viewed from all angles. There are no restrictions as to where your spectators have to be or anything of the sort. Obviously, you want people to be facing you so they can see the pin.

OVERALL:: While this is not an effect I perform everyday, it is definitely something I perform when the situation presents itself. It is the perfect effect for seemingly "on the spot" magic. It is something I've used with success and have gotten great audience response from. You will be pleasantly surprised with it's practicality and simplicity. It is lots of fun to perform.
You are not limited to the given routine. There are many different ways you can use this effect. As cheesy as it sounds, you are only limited by your imagination.

I definitely recommend looking into this!

Pinned is currently only available through V. himself. If you would like to be considered to receive a copy, please message him.
Stay tuned for 2 new projects: Isolated and Raw

All questions and comments are welcome.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Thanks for the kind words CardClip and I'm gald that you enjoyed the effect!

Jan 13, 2008
How would this compare to the Paul Harris approach to using a button in an effect? I'm referring to the one in his TA set (the name escapes me at the moment).

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Paul Harris's effect so I can not compare the two for you. Are the effects similar in concept?
If you want, you can drop V. a PM about this.

EDIT: Did some research. As far as I can tell, PH's Belly Button Effect is a type of Campaign button through spectators shirt. I'm almost positive, Pinned uses a different method. If they used the same method, I would be confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Very kind words by you cardclip...like the review...its nothing ground breaking but I was fortunate to get in on Pinned before most people an got a chance to test it out...well it got great reactions...V. Is a great friend...an magician/creator...keep up the good work :)

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Very kind words by you cardclip...like the review...its nothing ground breaking but I was fortunate to get in on Pinned before most people an got a chance to test it out...well it got great reactions...V. Is a great friend...an magician/creator...keep up the good work :)

Why thank you Michael.

Thanks for the kind words and glad you had great reactions from it.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I wrote a positive review because this is something I have started to actually use. A review is pointless if it's not honest in my opinion.

Jun 8, 2009
NEEDED ITEMS:: Besides a pin, there is only one thing required to perform this effect. Some may have the item already, as it is sometimes used in other magic effects. If not, the needed item is very easy to get a hold of.
We're talkiong about two needed items right? One is the shirt, and the other is the thing you're talking about.

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Method wise there is one similarity to Belly Button but i think this would be a great lead into Belly Button and its so so simple. You could even use the Belly Button's Button and then say ok letme try this with you but a bit differently. Im going to put up a review on this soon hopefully Good job V:p

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Method wise there is one similarity to Belly Button but i think this would be a great lead into Belly Button and its so so simple. You could even use the Belly Button's Button and then say ok letme try this with you but a bit differently. Im going to put up a review on this soon hopefully Good job V:p

Glad you are enjoying and liking the effect mini magician.

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
Well as for the needed items, yes the shirt does help as to not only hide someones pale white body but also in the effect along with the pin and the magical thingy..:D

Jun 13, 2009
Israel
PINNED an effect by V

The forum has been there a couple of years but the pinned topics just never got moved to it, the pinned sections are looking cluttered and a lot of the topics were very old and not really of much use any more so its just a bit of general tidying.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results