Pixel by David Jade

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
6sds1s.jpg

The Effect:

From a deck of playing cards, a card is chosen at random and shuffled back in. Completely lost! A rubber band is wrapped around the deck and everything is placed on the table. Visually (with all eyes fixated on the deck) the selection leaps to the top, free from the rubber band.

What you get:

What you get is a detailed explanation of the trick (Which is e to the asy) and a little knowledge about where Dan(or Dave) first saw it.

About the trick:

The trick is simple yet effective, I love it. It can either be used as a trick on it's own or added to your ambitious card routine to give it that extra "POW!", the trick uses no gimmicks, just a deck of cards and a rubber band. To be precise he recommends a size 16 rubber band.

Method:

The method is great, nearly self-working (I SAID NEARLY!!!), basically I love it. You'll need to practice the motion of the trick to get it properly fluid in my opinion, just because it's easy doesn't mean it doesn't need practice. The trick can be done either in your hands, on the table, or in the spectators hands (I personally don't recommend that though, it's somewhat risky)

Angles:

Well there are a few equilateral triangles involved, no I'm kidding it was a joke, this trick is very angle friendly and can be done surrounded.

Final thoughts:

Overall I think this is a great trick and I plan to use it quiet often, I haven't yet decided whether to add it to my ACR or use it as a stand-alone effect.

Do I recommend it? Hell yes.
Is it worth the price? Hell yes.

That's all, get it at D&D's on demand section of their website: http://store.dananddave.com/on-demand/

Any questions? Feel free to ask.

Oh my rating, well I'll give this a solid 3π - 1 / 10. (That's 8.42477796)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 28, 2007
yeah this trick is that sh!t. and it was nice to see dan doing live preformances.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Great review...Hope to pick this up later tonight and give my thoughts on it as well.

Mar 18, 2009
i just bought pixel but i tried accessing the video, but they said i had to create an account. but they won't let me create an account... so could anyone help me out...

Oct 22, 2008
i just bought pixel but i tried accessing the video, but they said i had to create an account. but they won't let me create an account... so could anyone help me out...

lol i have like alot of issues signing in an having an account on their sitee its innoyin u gotta email em

Jul 8, 2008
As much as I hate buying videos of single tricks, I have to get this to check the originality of one of my effects. yeeeeup lol

Mar 18, 2009
i finally got it working, and i have to say that the method is ingenious and simple... it is very easy to do and i think it is worth picking it up for those of you that haven't

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I love the way this looks. I can see this being extremely practical to add to an ACR on the spot.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Isn't this the same method to Paul Harris's effect Stretch in AOA Vol 2?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
This is about the same trick that Ed Ellis put out called Ringature which involves a rubber banded ring being placed around the deck and then they (the rubber band and ring) vanish only to appear later wrapped soley around the spectators selection.
Killer effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results