PK Ring? M5? Fill me in please?

Jun 5, 2010
New York, New York
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone can fill me in on the whole PK ring thing. Of course i'm not asking anyone to expose anything. But rather give me some info/feedback/opinions on them. I have heard of them before but only lately after seeing PK versions of effects that I perform I was wondering if its worth the buy. And if at all possible if someone could explain to me what the heck an M5 system is that would be awesome. Cause i'm assuming that magicians aren't performing with guns now.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
They both use the same technology. One is a ring the other positions the gimmick differently. Look at the Ellusionist website "In the Box" section and you will understand.

Jun 10, 2010
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone can fill me in on the whole PK ring thing. Of course i'm not asking anyone to expose anything. But rather give me some info/feedback/opinions on them. I have heard of them before but only lately after seeing PK versions of effects that I perform I was wondering if its worth the buy. And if at all possible if someone could explain to me what the heck an M5 system is that would be awesome. Cause i'm assuming that magicians aren't performing with guns now.

I don't know anything about M5, but PK rings are magnetic. They're also pretty dang strong, so I'd be careful of how I'm using it and when.

Jun 5, 2010
New York, New York
I was hoping that that wouldn't be the case. Only because I wouldn't want to have something on while performing that I wouldn't otherwise. To me it seems like something that the people that I perform for the most might pick up on after a while.

Feb 4, 2008
They are usually pretty non-descript bands. Either silver or gold. If you are worried about it get a band that matches you PK ring and swap out before performance.

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I was hoping that that wouldn't be the case. Only because I wouldn't want to have something on while performing that I wouldn't otherwise. To me it seems like something that the people that I perform for the most might pick up on after a while.

I wear mine all the time and haven't had any problems with it. Credit cards, electronics, and the like are fine.

Feb 4, 2008
If you don't like wearing jacket then forget the M5.
Why??? Put it on your Knee. If you like doing PK sooner or later you will want the M5. If you do a "little" PK then the M5 could be a monsterous waste of money.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I do a lot of PK and I still have no desire to use an M5. There has only been one effect that has made me even consider it and even then it was only for a few minutes.

Feb 4, 2008
I do a lot of PK and I still have no desire to use an M5. There has only been one effect that has made me even consider it and even then it was only for a few minutes.
Haha...well then I'll defer to that. I have had mine for 3 years and performed with it....20 times tops. Always figured it was because I didn't do much PK but, yeah...not something I would recommend either.

@Enzo....you busk with PK magic?...that's interesting.

Jun 5, 2010
New York, New York
Can you guys recommend a good PK ring? I saw a few online but they were different styles (i.e. votex) and I honestly don't know the difference. Also do they make good PK rings that don't look like wedding bands?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results