Porper Clip Questions

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
So I've been shopping for a card clip, and I would really like a Porper clip as I've read they're the best. The issue is that they all seem to be for 52 cards. I like to keep the jokers in my deck for certain tricks, so my decks consist of 54 cards. Will the Porper clip work with a 54 card deck? If not is there a Porper style clip that will work with 54 cards?

Also how does the Porper work with thicker decks like Ellusionist decks, or decks with thicker tuck cases?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey Duncan,

From my experience (I own a Leather Card Clip), 54 card decks should work but it will be a very snug fit, especially if you have a thicker tuck case. My recommendation is that you stretch the clip a little bit with your hands by pulling it apart slightly with some force. It should give the clip a little bit more breathing room before you put the bigger tuck case in there. I'm able to put a deck of Red Monarchs in the clip (54 card deck with the thicker, smooth-paper tuck case), but it was a little hard to take it out as it required some force. So, when all is said and done, it is possible but it takes a little bit of work.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
I've read online that high quality card clips (like Porper clips) are going to be snug.Traditionally most people take the jokers and insert cards out so it perfectly fits a 52 card deck. For bigger decks or thick tucks it's like a glove and needs to be broken in. Try pulling it with your hands or (to avoid damage to the clip) get a bicycle or other cheap generic deck, put it in the clip to set, and then use it with your nicer tucks.

Metermind

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
If you care about your cards, buy a Porper Clip. Its the best thing you can do for your cards. I tend to leave both jokers and a double backer in my decks. While it can be a snug fit, as long as you push the box out from the bottom you will not cause any damage to the tuck.

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Thanks for all your replies guys. I didn't realize you could pry them apart a little with your hands. Nice to know 54 cards is doable.

So next question. Curved back or flat back?

Duncan F.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Do you mean the spine of the clip? If so, my Leather Clip is flat, but I also have a regular curved spine clip, and I don't notice a difference at all. To me it's more of a design aesthetic than anything. Either one should be perfectly fine.

Thanks Casey! Your advice is much appreciated. I think after 7 years of cardistry, it's finally time to get me a Porper Clip.

Reactions: CaseyRudd
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results