Possible New Flourish(s)

Sep 1, 2014
I just made a new cardistry video. In the video I show some original flourishes that I made that I'm considering making tutorials for and putting them on The Wire. I would love to know what you guys think. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is very much welcomed.

Video:

Follow me on IG for more Videos and Pictures: @__dooley

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey Justin,

Thanks for posting! Here are a few tips and suggestions that I think would be beneficial for you in the near future:

1. Based on the moves in the video, I'm not seeing a lot that hasn't been done already. You may find an issue in terms of originality in your moves if you submit them to The Wire.

2. The performance of the moves in the video were a bit stiff and choppy. Over time (with a lot of practice) this issue will start to go away. Once you have your performances refined and polished with more finesse, this will play a rather significant role in determining whether your flourish gets published or not. Ideally, we are looking for smooth and clean performances to match the 'originalilty' component.

3. The Wire is looking for three things when reviewing a submission. Originality, Production Value, and if the trick/flourish is any good. You could have an original flourish with good production value, but it could be declined based on the fact that isn't smooth, clean, polished, etc. The effect/flourish has to be good enough to warrant a release.

I hope these tips helped you out and was what you were looking for. With tons of practice and dedication, you will see yourself start to improve. And it will be worth it when you want to publish your creations!

-Casey

Sep 1, 2014
Hey Justin,

Thanks for posting! Here are a few tips and suggestions that I think would be beneficial for you in the near future:

1. Based on the moves in the video, I'm not seeing a lot that hasn't been done already. You may find an issue in terms of originality in your moves if you submit them to The Wire.

2. The performance of the moves in the video were a bit stiff and choppy. Over time (with a lot of practice) this issue will start to go away. Once you have your performances refined and polished with more finesse, this will play a rather significant role in determining whether your flourish gets published or not. Ideally, we are looking for smooth and clean performances to match the 'originality' component.

3. The Wire is looking for three things when reviewing a submission. Originality, Production Value, and if the trick/flourish is any good. You could have an original flourish with good production value, but it could be declined based on the fact that isn't smooth, clean, polished, etc. The effect/flourish has to be good enough to warrant a release.

I hope these tips helped you out and was what you were looking for. With tons of practice and dedication, you will see yourself start to improve. And it will be worth it when you want to publish your creations!

-Casey
Thanks so much for your input, This will most definitely help me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results