Pressure by Daniel Garcia and Dan White

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
There are like 4 other reviews but I dont find any of them being informative enough. Some are extremely biased some arent. Ill just give my two cents.

Effect:
You borrow a balloon and a phone. You blow up the balloon to a regular size. Yyou collide it with the phone while deflating it. The phone is visually seen sucked into the balloon. You blow some air into the balloon to show no holes or what ever. You bite a teensy hole into the balloon to show its actually inside. You hand the balloon to the spectator and they can do what ever they want with it. They can take it out, they can keep it as it is, what ever.

First Thoughts:
-I heard the effect "NO WAY"
- Saw the teaser "NO WAY"
- Saw the trailer "Not too shabby"
- Learnt it "ah... still not too shabby but not as epic as I thought"

What You Get:
-The video

Method:
First off, the method works. It works just fine. Its not some crappy little paddle move thing where everythign is angle sensitive. When I first saw the effect, I kinda half-figured it out. I figured out how to get the phone in, but didnt know how to hand it out. Each phase aint all that amazin, but together its pretty smart. It can fool both magicians and laymen if presented and performed well. Of course there are some parts which arent 100% look at me doing this in slow-mo and what not but its still good like any other sleight. Its overall very easy. It took me 30 minutes of practice to get a 100% good performance everytime. Its not luck or anything, it just takes a bit of getting used to as its not a series of sleights you are used to.

Teaching:
both Dans teach you everything you need to know. Every move, every finger position, every out, every method/ alternative. You wont end up scratching your head.

Quality:
Its a T11 video, what do you expect?

Final Thoughts:
Although the method was not what I expected, I am still happy to have this effect. Sure, its not a miracle, but show me a trick that is. If you are expected a direct "GIMME YOUR PHONE! BAM! ITS IN A BALLOON! KEEP EVERYTHING AND FILL IT WITH HELIUM AND WATCH YOUR PHONE FLOAT! LEVITATION AND A MIRACLE!" then too bad for you dont get it. I find it extremely practical, packs extremely small, no setup what so ever, it doesnt look like anything anyone has seen before, its visual, its audible, its kinestheticable (???). I just learnt it and fooled my parents (that says something).

What I really love is the flexability of this trick. You can basically put anything you can hold in your hand into the damn balloon.
"Hey look 5 balloons!
Gimme your phone, gimme your ipod, gimme that can of coke, gimme that watch, gimme that wallet.
BAM!
now take the stuff out of the wet and salivary balloons please, I dont wanna touch it."

You also get some hilarious bloopers/ outtakes sorta things. Cameo by Daniel Madison, John Bayme and Dan Sperry
Is it worth the money? Yes.
Is it good for the real world? Yes.
Is it godly? No.
Recommended? Yes.
Make a youtube video and post it 4 times and battle it out with all the other younewbs? Yes. Of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
I love this effect, I practiced until I got the handling down, its pretty easy.
I'm going to go out today to destroy some minds, I will be back with footage tomorrow probably.
GREAT trick, obe of the best things I have bought in a while

Sep 3, 2007
I just watched the download. That is AWESOME.

I'd definitely say this is one of THE best releases from the T11 boys so far. GREAT work, I love it.

D.

I think this is so far one of the best releases of the year. Possibly better than all of last years stuff. Very good stuff! I just put my bird in a balloon!!

It is a great principle that can be applied to different things such as putting a borrowed bill into a water balloon, or a quarter into a balloon. now I said all those things using each at least 5 times lasterday. In fact cool story, I was eating with my family at Macaroni Grill and a singer came to our table, sung a song and I tipped her but put her tip into a balloon. I have video being uploaded on youtube depicting what I did.

here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_xg9FZ7pL8

Oct 18, 2008
It is a great principle that can be applied to different things such as putting a borrowed bill into a water balloon, or a quarter into a balloon. now I said all those things using each at least 5 times lasterday. In fact cool story, I was eating with my family at Macaroni Grill and a singer came to our table, sung a song and I tipped her but put her tip into a balloon. I have video being uploaded on youtube depicting what I did.

here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_xg9FZ7pL8

:

What Happened to the video?

Robert.

Jul 13, 2008
Buffalo,Ny
Quick question:
I have Jay Sankey's Airtight, but I dont use it anymore due to the difficulty of the setup. Would I be able to use the balloons that airtight provides to do pressure?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I have never used the balloons of Airtight, but Im sure you can.
Considering the method of airtight, it seems pretty good.
Both put objects inside so as long as a deck can fit in a airtight balloon, then a phone should.
the method is 100% different though.

B

Ben_Ionesco

I just watched the download. That is AWESOME.

I'd definitely say this is one of THE best releases from the T11 boys so far. GREAT work, I love it.

D.
Same, its the best download ive ever gotten off here man ... And I had this idea of this little variation for it too which ive found to be successful in which you do pressure as normal and then you blow up and pop the phone back out and both the phone and balloon are 100 % fine and examinable lol but i seriously love this effect. Good work Dan and Dan : ) lol

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Yea Im pretty sure eveyrone who has Pressure has already tried that.
I dont think that is good as smart spectators will figure it out easily.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results