Putting cards in the fridge

Sep 22, 2007
i have herd around the forum that placing cards in the fridge helps with fanning and unwarps cards is this true because i ordered a brick of second edition guardians i love them i only have opened one pack but the cards were all bent im not sure if they were warped but theses cards seem to bend very easily is it just a screwed pack or actually a problem with the stock or something that makes them bend and be warped easier

Sep 25, 2007
Although I am not a fan of the guardians at all, I will say that its probably just that deck. With the second editions I believe the warp issue was taken care of. I would submit a ticket and ask them to replace it.

Sep 14, 2007
P'cola Florida
i have herd around the forum that placing cards in the fridge helps with fanning and unwarps cards is this true because i ordered a brick of second edition guardians i love them i only have opened one pack but the cards were all bent im not sure if they were warped but theses cards seem to bend very easily is it just a screwed pack or actually a problem with the stock or something that makes them bend and be warped easier

Put a ticket in I had the same issues with my 2nd ed. Guardians. I just shipped them back today to theory 11 for a refund.

Sep 2, 2007
I would not recommend placing cards in the fridge, though for some it has worked. For me, at least, it's tantamount to placing money -- which, like cards, is made out of paper -- in the fridge. I would not do it, but, again, for some it has been effective.

If your cards are warped, use a few textbooks and after a few hours, they should be fine -- that's what I did with my first editions.

Moreover, If you're heading towards the fridge route, be sure to frequently check on them, or else -- http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=636.

If you are having troubles, feel free to submit a support ticket.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 2, 2007
The reason the fridge works is because it's cold and dry: the best conditions for caqrds. but too much of a good thing is bad.

Sep 2, 2007
In theory I can see how it works.

If you take a piece of tissue paper and wet it, you can form it into any shape you want. Once it dries, it will stay in that shape. Think the same way about playing cards, if the cards get wet, they temporarily lose their snap and get softer, that means you'll be able to bend them as you wish, without them resisting.

It seems to work differently for different people though. One person told me to put the cards inside a ziplock bag in the freezer, and that sort of cancels out my theory. One said something about a vegetable-crisper. I tried it once myself and I didn't really see any effect personally.

The best thing to do would be to make the deck humid somehow, put it in the box in a card clip or under some heavy books or something, and leave it down there until it's dry. The cards might hold onto each other a bit on the edges, but you'll quickly get them separated again if you play a bit with them.

I've never tried it, but I believe it's untrue. Think about it. If you put a pack of cards in a freezer (or fridge whatever floats your boat), it will cause at least a little moisture on the cards. What does moisture do to cards? I'll give you one small clue:

IT WARPS THEM.

Just a thought. :D

Sep 2, 2007
London
There's a difference between a fridge and a freezer in this regard. A freezer may very well cause moisture on the cards, whereas the air in a fridge is dry, so it will draw out any moisture in the cards and, after a few hours will restore their hardness. They may then need some time in a Porper or card press or whatever but after that they are fine. I have definitely noticed an improvement in the length of time my cards last since I have been putting them in the fridge overnight.

yeah.. freezer = ice = bad but refridgerator = cold and dry = good
I speak from experience here, ableit I do not use the refridgerator instead I use my air-conditioner.

Cold and dry enviroments actually does have a significant effect on the cards making easier to do fans, xcms, cuts etc...

Just remember kids, Moisture are cards worst enemy..

Sep 9, 2007
The reason the fridge works is because it's cold and dry: the best conditions for caqrds. but too much of a good thing is bad.
you hit the nail on the head - it's moisture (in print we call it 'relative humidity') that warps cards (and paper in general)

at the same time, the place shouldn't be too dry, they'll still be warped. Try placing them underneath a bunch of really heavy books for a while in a normal (ie, not too humid or dry) environement and they'll iron out on their own.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results