Question about stage remote glitter popper

jc533436

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2011
Hi. I am currently in the props production team of our school's musical "Chicago". We are considering add some magic elements into the production to make it visually more impressive. Does anyone have any information about stage props that can popping out glitters etc. and are controlled remotely (or using extended wires to control from a distance)? I had some experience with flashgun, but this time we really need the physical glitters( or confetti) to pop out instead of flash of fire. Thanks a lot for all the help. (F.Y.I.: Our maximum budget for this props is around 200 dollars)

Jul 13, 2009
Depending on where you are located you can rent confetti or streamer cannons for your production locally. They run off of compressed air and are much more up to "Code" than a flashcotton or pyro fetti launcher. If renting one is out of y'alls budget you could use a manual launcher, essentially a potato cannon. Just use very low pressures and be sure to use sched 40 PVC or ask someone at the supplier of the PVC for pressure ratings on the PVC pipe. Be safe!

Jul 13, 2009
Hey, not a problem. Also a follow up, since I was at work and had about two minutes between calls to type out my original post. I forgot to regard the electronic firing of the air cannons. If you go the rental route chances are they are going to be DMX controlled and would require some sort of system that can control DMX, not all theaters have that system. Most have the circuit style system using rails where you plug the light into an outlet. But if you go the Jerry rigged way, a sprinkler valve will be able to do electric fire. You'd just need to make a circuit using a nine volt and a momentary switch to activate it. Pretty simple electric project, no life threatening currents here lol. Good luck again!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results