Questions for Danny Garcia

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Guys,

Well as you probably know at this point, Master Danny Garcia is currently in the Columbus OH area, presumably staying at the Crowne North Plaza hotel up North. In great anticipation for Magifest, no doubt. I wonder what he will be doing/selling in his shows.

But, while we're on the topic, I will be at the Magifest this Saturday, thus giving me one chance to meet the Master himself in person. While I have my own questions to ask, and paraphrenalia to sign :D, this is your moment now. Tell me this: what would you ask (magic-related, of course;)) the 17th Master here on Theory11 if you had the chance? What would you like to know better about him? As long as the subject is about magic, there is no stupid question (e.g. "What got you into magic, when did you start?" "Who is your favorite performer to watch?" or my favorite, "When was the last time someone fooled the crap out of you?" ).

I will be compiling all your questions and present them to him along with my own. Who knows, maybe T11 might put these into his artist profile. Well, let's get it started :cool:

See you soon,

SS23

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I have to disagree with on the your "stupid" questions. Asking Danny what got him started in magic, I think is actually a good question... Just my opinion.

As for the questions...

-what new material is coming out... Besides DG project 4,5,6 and him featuring in marcus eddies five...

-could you, for me... I'm just asking you to ask him. This august 4,5,6,7 there is the magic gettogether in Colon, Mi. Could you ask him to go or if he could... This would be awesome and I would greatly appreciate it if you asked him for me... I would go to the Magi-Fest, but I'm going to the magic gettogether this summer...

Once again, it would be awesome if you aske him...

I would greatly appreciate it...

Thanks,

-SM...

And if you have any questions just PM me... Thanks

Oct 13, 2008
And I disagree with the fact that you consider these questions stupid. Maybe I did not word it correctly, but you're right. These questions were taken directly from the profiles. What I meant to say was that there is no stupid question, just as long as it is related to magic. For example, one could ask the questions stated above, those are very pertinent.

I will certainly ask him. What is your full name? (PM me)

SS23

Nov 8, 2007
So are you going to just walk up to him and hand him a list of questions and ask him to fill them out? Because that sounds like homework.

If you really want to do this right you should prepare your questions ahead of time and ask for an interview and be prepared to record it (video or audio).

I don't have any questions but it seems like you're putting Garcia on a pedestal that is too high, by that I mean its not like he NEVER answers questions or has interviews, because there are tons of his interviews out there that he answers a lot of questions, (iTricks, Magic news wire, etc) But the best Garcia interview I've seen was on Reel Magic 13 +14 GREAT interview, couldn't wait to switch to 14 to watch the second part of the interview (luckily i bought a lot of reel magic and didn't have to wait 2 months). But for the most part I agree with Mat La Vore.

BrendoneC

Nov 23, 2007
NC
If you really want to do this right you should prepare your questions ahead of time and ask for an interview and be prepared to record it (video or audio).
I agree. It wouldn't hurt to do a little homework yourself so your not asking the same questions he gets all the time. If they are intelligent and fresh he'll be more interested. Remember that while he is a nice guy you may catch him at a time he's in making money mode so you should keep them specific and limited out of respect.

You could probably bet that he's not going to get locked down talking about up and coming projects but I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. Go to The Magic Newswire or the T11 roundtable and listen to those as a base to go off.

Hope you have a blast while your there and update afterwards with your experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 13, 2008
So are you going to just walk up to him and hand him a list of questions and ask him to fill them out? Because that sounds like homework.

Yes, that is my intention. Did you honestly believe that I will just "walk up to him and hand him a list of questions and ask him to fill them out"? No, not at all.

Nov 8, 2007
Yes, that is my intention. Did you honestly believe that I will just "walk up to him and hand him a list of questions and ask him to fill them out"? No, not at all.

Well before you break out your sarcasm quote book perhaps you should look back over what you wrote. All you said was, "I will be compiling all your questions and present them to him along with my own."

And you still have yet to clarify how you plan on going about it.

If you're looking for help, you might want to consider being a bit more cordial to those who have taken the time to respond to your thread in order to do what they can to give you advice that is meant only to help you out. I have no idea how you plan on going about your questions, but with your last sarcastic, vague response I could really care less now.

With all sincerity, though, I hope whatever it is you are trying to do goes well. Even if he doesn't have time to answer any or all your questions, I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting him. Out of all the "name" magicians I've met over the years, Danny was the most personable and approachable. Very down to Earth guy.

Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results