Rêve Noir Playing Cards.

Jun 12, 2009
Hi,

First of all let me introduce myself, I'm Dave Stone and I'm a young graphic designer, I'm not english so let me apologize for the bad english you are going to read.
One of my biggest passions is the card magic, I'm not a good magician and I don't know more than 3 or 4 decent tricks, but I've always dreammed {rêvé} about my personal deck of card, I'm working on it by sometimes now, and I've decided to post a little preview of the deck here to know what you guys from T11 thinks about it, to have some comments and maybe some ideas from you.

sneakpreview.jpg

Thanks you from your attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 23, 2007
NC
Ha. With a name like that I figured you to be more of a coin guy:)

Do you have a full picture more close up? Its a little hard to see the whole design.

Dec 19, 2007
Italy ,Milano
Hi,

First of all let me introduce myself, I'm Dave Stone and I'm a young graphic designer, I'm not english so let me apologize for the bad english you are going to read.
One of biggest passions is the card magic, I'm not a good magician and I don't know more than 3 or 4 decent tricks, but I've always dreammed {rêvé} about my personal deck of card, I'm working on it by sometimes now, and I've decided to post a little preview of the deck here to know what you guys from T11 thinks about it, to have some comments and maybe some ideas from you.

sneakpreview.jpg

Thank you from your attention

Hi dave nice cards.
Are you italian, aren't you? I'm italian too!! where will the card be sold??

Jun 12, 2009
Ha. With a name like that I figured you to be more of a coin guy:)

Do you have a full picture more close up? Its a little hard to see the whole design.

Right Know I've posted just a little preview, allthing is ready and Hi-res ready for printing so in the future I'll post some Hi-resolution, close-up picture.

Just one quick question : what's the second image ?
The one after the zoom in of the back design? If yes, it's a piece of the ace of spades.

Are you italian, aren't you? I'm italian too!! where will the card be sold??
Yes, I'm Italian, nice to meet another italian guy on T11, the deck is far for being printed, me and another designer are still working on the face design, like the kings, the jacks, the queens, and the jokers. We want to do something special and unseen before, so it will be an hard work, I can't tell when the deck will be ready, I hope for the end of the summer, the first days of september is the date I'm planning to print the first deck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 23, 2007
NC
I think these look pretty nice. Whats the other design on the back? It looks like turkey feathers with turkey legs sticking out.

Sep 2, 2007
note to everyone talking about price: He's designing these. to my knowledge he doesn;t plan on printing them for awhile.

Jun 12, 2009
I think these look pretty nice. Whats the other design on the back? It looks like turkey feathers with turkey legs sticking out.
No it's just a swirly design, no turkey has been killed for the design of this deck :p

note to everyone talking about price: He's designing these. to my knowledge he doesn;t plan on printing them for awhile.

Yes that's actually true, right now I'm working on the design I will print a small quantity for personal use, and for promotional sell over my website when the design will be ready.

Jun 4, 2009
One thing I would change Dave would be the word "Dave" its cool because its your name and everything but this means that the cards when turned arround during shuffling or various card tricks some will be upside down. I think they would be more appealing if you were to create an ambigram of "Dave". Just a thught :)

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Or just cut "Dave" out of it and put a word that means something to you.
It would be more appealing to more people who don't have the name, "Dave".
But it's your deck, so do what you please.
The idea of the word spelling the same thing upside down is a good idea though.

Sep 20, 2008
I like it, only problem would be the back design- i'd imagine it'd be one way and quite noticeable as well, A no-no when it comes to magic. :<

Jun 12, 2009
Actually this is the first of two backs design, this is the classic one that will be sold through my website, another design that will be only for personal use and probably will only a one-time gift on my site, the second design is too one way back, and is inspired to the "andthensome" by D&D, an to a project I'm working on. here is the second design preview:
revenoir-1.jpg

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I personally don't like the back design too much, I don't know what it is, but it doesn't appeal to me.

But your ace is a nice design and idea, I remember when I was making a deck design for fun I created an ace similar, but anyway back on topic, good work.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results