Ransom by: Chris Ballinger

nremtb

Elite Member
Oct 27, 2010
Per the website:
Ransom
The most commercial bill switch on the market, plus tons of bonus money magic tricks.

The Effect:
Borrow a one dollar bill and fold it up, it instantly becomes a 1,000,000 dollar bill. Hand it out for examination or even give it out as a souvenir. This new handleing allows you to perform the bill switch without any complicated moves or risk.

Thought:
This is a great bill switch. It is done at the finger tips, and after a simple clean up you are free to show open hands. The entire move looks natural including the clean up. Another bonus that I like a lot about this is that it is done without a thumb tip.

Gimmicks:
No gimmicks are used to do the trick per say. You can pretty much change their bill into anything you want that is the same size. As the video shows and the way I prefer to do it is to hand out the $1,000,000 bill. They are commercially available from magic and non magic stores.

What comes with your dvd:
A million dollar bill, red and blue papers to practice the effect, and a small piece of putty used for another effect.

Other effects on the DVD:

SwitchSee:
An ultra visual coin change that can be used for impossible coin changes and borrowed coin bends.
This is where that small piece of putty comes in. This is a decent coin change although i prefer to use it as a borrowed ocin bend. Keep in mind that the coin can not be signed, but as open and visual as it is there is no way that they would expect anything.

Hybrid Change:
Highly visual bil switch using the same principle as the million dollar bill switch. Again gimmick and thumb tip free. There is just a difference in handling for this one.

Chris Cross Coins:
Another ocin across routine. Very clever and visual. One of the better versions I have seen.

Buried Treasure:
A Torn corner of a bill is handed to a spactator and the rest is caused to penetrate a deck of cards and find a selection that has been buried within. Gotta see it to believe. Requires a bit of practice...yes. Well worth it....YES!!!

Trick Specifications:
Instructional DVD covers everything in detail. Also includes Million Dollar Bill and rehearsal sheets, designed to make learning the routine as easy as possible.

Effects:
9 out of 10. There is some good content on here. As I am a fan of visual street magic the million dollar bill switch on its own would get a 10/10.

Instruction:
Very well taugfht from multiple angles. Everythign is explained very clear so it is easy to learn. Grab a mirror to make sure it looks right.

Gimmicks:
Hardly none. If you do go with the million dollar bills as your switching choice as the video states you can hand them out as a souvinere and make money. The bills cost less than a dollar and they get to take home a piece of visual magic. Plus you make a little money if you chjoose to.

Overall this is a great dvd. The effects are clean and clear. You woudl definately add these into your current routine. It is also priced very fait at 24.99. Check this one out.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results