Recommendations?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
i need some random recomendations. please dont ask what skill level i am or what i prefer. the one thing i do ask though is no super big stage illusions. i dont care for stage magic. i have about 130 dollars to spend. what would you recomend? i have looked at coin man walking, jumbo coins, and thimble magic but still not sure.

thanks,
robby

btw i have and like:
i like close up, cards, coins, and everyday objects mainly.
i have army of 52, gaff deck, linking rings, spongeballs, in the beginning there were coins for christmas, pk silverware, and loops and 3 dvd set. thats all i can think of off the top of my head

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Books :)

Invest in books if you're serious about magic.

Royal Road to Card Magic is a MUST for card magicians.....of all levels.

If you want variety, get "The Collected Almanac" by Richard Kaufman.....fanstastic book full of wonderful routines, tricks and ideas.

Sep 2, 2007
I know that the book 'Expert at the Card Table' by a guy named S.W. Erdnase -- not sure who he is -- would make a great Holiday present for my magical (and possibly imaginary) friends.

And yes, books can be considered presents. ;)

Cheers,
JTM

By far the best 30 dollars I have spent in magic which in turn makes it the best 30 dollars I have ever spent, Beyond Deception by Tobias Beckwith, I believe it is new. I have never considered myself to be a reader but wow, if you are even remotely considering (in any aspect) of creating magic, or even polishing your routine BUY THIS BOOK! search the web for Tobias Beckwith, I think you can pick it up at murphy's or penguin.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
whats yalls problem? you dont have to get all sarcastic and rude because i didnt want anyone asking that. i said that because i just want random stuff. i dont want to hear only stuff around my skill level because ive probably seen it before

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results