Red-Edged Bicycle

Jan 27, 2008
Hey, what do you guys think of these colored-edges on my Bicycle's?

I found one my very younger syblings playing with some kind of art kit and I noticed two red and blue ink pads that was included with it. So I sat down for about 30 - 45 minutes carefully inking the edges of the cards, trying my best not to get them on the faces or the backs.

I didn't use an already broken-in deck, I opened up a new one right on he spot and just used a method very similar to this one.

When you look at the edges in person, it kind of reminds me of the color you see when you look into the insides of a sweet potato :)

Eventually, I will E-Mail the USPCC asking what is the exact shade of red that they use (and maybe blue). I will then try to find an ink pad with that shade of red, ink-up the edges of the deck, and play around with it.

The reason why I'd prefer to use this method instead of the chisel tip sharpie is that there is almost NO ink on the faces or backs but that's after drying the ink on all edges WITH a WET paper towel.

Surprisingly, the quality of the deck is still great (as you can see). Although, it was pretty hard to try to square the cards and they did feel a bit heavier but after breaking them in, they feel much, much better and has never affected the execution of any of my techniques INCLUDING the perfect faros.

..:Z:..

Jan 27, 2008
personally i dont like the looks of it, and the ink may get on your hands when your holding the deck.

Actually, the ink I used is washable yet, ironically enough, has never gotten on my hands.

What I'm really surprised that the deck quality is still hold up well.

..:Z:..

I think the reason why it doesn't look good is because of the white borders on bicycle cards. The reason it looks good on Black Tiger Decks is that the borders are black as well as the sharpie. Had the border been red it would have looked a lot cooler.

Mitchell

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results