Redline 1-on-1 by Dan Hauss

Whats up,

Everyday, everywhere I go i ALWAYS carry chapstick with me. That stupid little pocket on a pair of jeans that no one ever uses for anything... Thats where my chapstick lives. 24/7. It travels from jeans to jeans.

So when i saw that this was a trick utilizing an everyday object that the ENITRE world is familiar with and practically uses.. I was immediately intrigued.

The basic effect is a cap is removed from the chapstick and visually thrown and or tossed back on in an instant. Also included, is an extended routine, where the cap hops on and off, in different visual ways that will deliver 3 or 4 good pieces of magic. it is direct, to the point and everything happens directly in front of the spectator. No ditches or switches. This is the kind of effect that spectators dont see coming, then it just happens.

The video quality is as always, T11 style. No need to explain there. This was shot in NYC on the streets. The audio is good, everything is clear and easy to watch.

Dan is great teacher. Covers all the points needed to perform this within minutes of watching. Of course, you will want to practice it, as anything, but the basic concept and handling you will have down before the video is over. Everything is broken into steps and categories for the easiest possible learning experience.

Everything is taught from the construction, to the handling and subtleties. The 1 on 1 is 15 minutes long and is at no point boring or *filler*.

There isnt much to say about this, because it is a straight up effect. What you see is what you get. To the T. No additional supplies needed, you should have everything you need, unless of course, you need to go by chapstick.

Dan seems like a pretty creative guy and I look forward to other releases from him. 6.95$ is a steal. Just think about all the times throughout the week you go buy a coffee or fast food, or go out for dinner / w.e.

5 out of 5 stars no questions.

pm

Nov 10, 2007
Just a question so please do not bash me on this. On a scale of 1 - 10 how hard is this [ 10 being hardest 1 being easiest ]

no bashing. a genuine question,

Id say 1 - 2. Honestly its reeeeealy easy. If things are generally a little harder for you or take you a little longer to learn, you will have it down in a day. But it is that easy, that id say you would have it down in a couple of hours.

D

Deleted member 2755

Just a question so please do not bash me on this. On a scale of 1 - 10 how hard is this [ 10 being hardest 1 being easiest ]

It isn't really that hard. I have this, but no chapstick. :( Can't wait to go to my local Wallgreens and pick some up just for this effect.:p Its not really that hard. You'll want to practice it a bit though of course

As Rebelace said, some may consider this impromptu while others may not. I will agree with Rebelace though that if you carry around chapstick... this is absolutely impromptu. Those whom own this effect know what I mean.

Hauss is amazing. Magic with everyday objects besides cards is some of the best you can do. :) I was surprised to see this as a 1 on 1 instead of a bonus effect from one of his DVD's. I'm glad he decided to release it. Its simple, direct, and it kills. Great stuff Hauss. I'll have a review up soon when I actually get some chapstick.

-Doug

Dan teaches a way to show the chapstick 360.

In theory, you would not be able to hand it out. but at the same time, chapstick is such an everyday object that, rather then your spectators asking to see it, they will probably just ask you to do it again. :)

Sep 3, 2007
As Rebelace said, some may consider this impromptu while others may not. I will agree with Rebelace though that if you carry around chapstick... this is absolutely impromptu. Those whom own this effect know what I mean.

So then basically it's not impromptu. You couldn't borrow a chapstick and do the effect. It requires a gimmicked chapstick right? = not impromptu.

Also, As listed above, it depends how you look at it. If you carry chapstick around, like I do, and am sure many others in this world, then yes, it is impromptu. I can take it out and perform this effect, wherever, and whenever.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2755

So then basically it's not impromptu. You couldn't borrow a chapstick and do the effect. It requires a gimmicked chapstick right? = not impromptu.

That is up for debate.

Anyway, I think people are asking too many questions here. The reviewer gave it a good review, you know its from someone good, and it looks great. I hate it when I see people asking all these questions on the site about an effect because it only helps tip the method... I understand why one would want to know these things, but for respect of the artist I think its best not to ask so many questions.

-Doug

That is up for debate.

Anyway, I think people are asking too many questions here. The reviewer gave it a good review, you know its from someone good, and it looks great. I hate it when I see people asking all these questions on the site about an effect because it only helps tip the method... I understand why one would want to know these things, but for respect of the artist I think its best not to ask so many questions.

-Doug

Thank you, Doug.

it's a great effect. I recommend it.

Sep 30, 2007
It seems like some people are trying to revearse engineer the effect. If you like what you seen in the preview than you will like the effect because what you see is what you get. Why would you have to hand out chapstick for people to examine it? I mean its not like your turning it into a lightsaber or pullin an elephant out of the damn thing. you take the cap off and make it magically appear back on, no need to prove anything else. Its just an everyday object that people are accustomed to seeing. I will tell ya I am another person that cant leave without my chap, I swear I am addicted to the stuff. I even need a "hit" before I go to sleep haha. I have even been trying for a while creating some magic that I could do with chapstick, I have been using some cigarette sleights with it. But when I seen this I was so happy, this is actually the first 1on1 I have purchased because it is so fresh and original. theory, if you guys keep coming out with things that are out of the box such as redline you will for sure be getting some more of my hard earned money. keep it up. This effect right here is the reason I will be keeping my eye on this site more often.

Nov 10, 2007
I want to buy this effect but the only reason I would buy this is if say someone pulls out some chapstick could I be like here let me see that for a second and then do redline. Is this possible with this effect?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results