Redline - Examine?

Sep 24, 2007
Burlington
I've been practicing Redline lately, and I must say I love it!

However sadly, I have not performed it yet...from the fear that someone might ask to examine the chapstick, and I won't know what to do in that situation.

So, any one have advice on this? Presentation wise? Any excuses to get away from it?

Thanks.

Sep 20, 2008
say something like "eww. i dont want you contaminating MY chapstick... im gonna use this later on you know. chapped lips! that's a serious business."

the whole point is to give you time to ditch and use the dupe. it does seem logical to withdraw your chapstick from spectators because of the assumption that they might use it.

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
It's strange but noone has asked to examine the chap-stick when I've done the trick. Part of it might be because I'm using Chap-Stick brand chap-stick and people are familiar with it. Also you don't necessarily have to show them the chap-stick. Just move on to another trick: "Hey, lemme see that chap-stick!" "Hold on, let me show you something else first (*pulls out a deck of cards and pockets chap-stick*)"

Cheers!

Mar 29, 2008
It's strange but noone has asked to examine the chap-stick when I've done the trick. Part of it might be because I'm using Chap-Stick brand chap-stick and people are familiar with it. Also you don't necessarily have to show them the chap-stick. Just move on to another trick: "Hey, lemme see that chap-stick!" "Hold on, let me show you something else first (*pulls out a deck of cards and pockets chap-stick*)"

Cheers!

ditto, I have yet to be asked yet as well.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
do the up the nose vanish, then either sleeve it or palm it, rub your nose with the clean hand as if your about to sneeze cause of the chapstick, as you do this, ditch the redline chapstick for a duplicate in your pocket, and *sneeze* into your hands *catching* the chapstick which is now completely clean.

just a thought i had

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
I found an easy way to hand it out for examination. It shouldn't be an issue as stated but if you really want to... I'm surprised it hasn't occurred. Put about 5 minutes of thought into it and see if anything comes up. If that doesn't work PM me with proof that you have it and I'll let you know.

I perform redline almost daily!

I have yet to be asked for an examination of the chapstick. I think people just already know what it is, and it looks so fair.

I usually perfom the effect, then take the cap off again and out some on then out it away.

Either way, whatever my performance is, im never asked.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results