Refraction by David Penn?

Jan 4, 2008
This effect in my opinion was the worst buy i ever made. There is so much you need to do and the bend does NOT happen right in front of them. You need so much more than the dvd and a wine glass (not provided). I recommend saving your money.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I think it's a good effect, it's nicely routined and leaves the spectator with an impossible souvenir.

It does require some set up, yes - it's not just a simple spoon bend or something. How can one REALLY expect to be able to bend a borrowed wine glass there and then? To bend glass you need heat.

It's a very nice close up variation of Ted Lesley's 'MindBender' found in paramiricles, so if you know that effect, there isn't anything much new here - not technically anyway, you can see what he's doing. I went ahead and bought the DVD anyway, to have a look at any subtleties David's included, etc.

The effect has been designed for the working magician, it's not a street style effect at all, so look at where and in what circumstances could you include this effect into your repertoire and if the effect is something you feel you could use, buy it. It's a great 'once a show' trick that ends with an amazing memory for the special person at the event.

D.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results