Votes: 1 2.6%
  • ONLY reprint Red Monarchs.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • No! Do NOT reprint either!

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
I am sure that many newcomers (and long time patrons) want Red and/or Silver Monarchs to either finish the Monarchs family (I think a complete collection should be called a Monarchy but that should be saved for a different thread.) or to replace a used deck of Monarchs. When I first found theory11 in September I was saddened to see that the Red and Silver Monarchs were sold out. Therefore I was forced to buy from Amazon. Amazon currently charges an amazing(ly horrific) $39.95 +shipping and tax! Reds aren't available on Amazon anymore so I looked on eBay to see that one deck of Silvers are ~$19.99, and Reds ~15-$20! Given that Amazon's price is amazing(ly horrific) and eBay has it's share of shady dealings I would like to see Red and Silver Monarchs in stock on the theory11 store again (yes, I know that they are discontinued). As I stated in another post, reprinting should be okay as theory11 didn't expect re-sellers to be asking for so much (as neither line is meant to be Limited Edition.)
BOTTOM LINE: Do you agree and want to see these AMAZING cards reprinted?

Reactions: Lightwerker

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Since it was not obviously posted in the thread, the poll is to show (theory11) CONSUMER INTEREST in these decks with the hopes of reprinting. I am not affiliated with theory11 and have no actual say in this matter. However votes will help give theory11 an idea if this is something many customers are interested in or if it is just me. GO VOTE!
-Bryant

Aug 31, 2014
Sweden
here we go silver- ish monarchs readily availablehttp://www.theory11.com/archive/ sorted

The White and Golds? The ones that are available in the Archive for 3500 Points? They aren't the same as the Silvers. The Silvers were unlimited and recently discontinued. The W&Gs are limited and very rare.

Alex Hancock

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
London, UK.
I think I agree with MrHurley - I'd love a copy of all those out of print decks... But what makes them special (above lovely design) is that they are out of print.

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
I don't see it being fair to the collectors who have them, seeing as a reprint would tank the value

theory11 didn't expect there to be any value to these decks as they were not limited edition. I myself an a collector and don't find a reprint of these to be harmful because I agree with theory11 that these decks shouldn't demand such a high price because they aren't rare. If theory11 were to reprint White Gold Monarchs v1 or Green Rarebits then I would have an issue with that as those decks were made (for the purpose) to be a rare collectors item and doing so would ruin the price. I am okay with the idea of charging premiums on decks that were meant to be collectors items but I do not see the benefit of driving the price of the Red or Silver Monarchs up as they were meant to be regular decks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
theory11 didn't expect there to be any value to these decks as they were not limited edition. I myself an a collector and don't find a reprint of these to be harmful because I agree with theory11 that these decks shouldn't demand such a high price because they aren't rare. If theory11 were to reprint White Gold Monarchs v1 or Green Rarebits then I would have an issue with that as those decks were made (for the purpose) to be a rare collectors item and doing so would ruin the price. I am okay with the idea of charging premiums on decks that were meant to be collectors items but I do not see the benefit of driving the price of the Red or Silver Monarchs up as they were meant to be regular decks.

It's not about Theory11 driving up the price of Red or Silver Monarchs. It's about secondary value and what a reprint would do to the collector community.
With that in mind, Theory11 has no control over secondary value and the demand of something outside of producing X number of decks.

As a former collector of numerous things; things go 'rare' for a myriad of reasons. Some foreseen--others for inexplicable reasons.
It sounds like in this case no one really saw this coming from left field. Best thing Theory11 can do is to keep moving forward with what they are doing and order more of their next deck to keep up with demand.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results