Reset

Nov 8, 2008
U.S.
I would recommend working on getting a break. Try a multiple buckle or a pinky pulldown. Also, the ending was empty. Use a gambler's cop and an Ascanio spread to finish the transposition.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I agree with Dmagic - getting a break needs work, and both of those suggestions work well.

FYI Reset was first created by Paul Harris, though many including Bebel have their own respective versions.

Aug 31, 2007
Maybe have some patter, over all not bad. Also on the note, the ending was part of Gregory Wilson's "Reset with a Hook."

Sep 1, 2007
Nice work - getting a break is always going to look a bit suspect from that angle. I'm a big fan of Greg Wilson's Reset with a Hook, although it has to be said that this ending is a bit weak. There's many ways to get around it though - gambler's cop, vernon transfer, drop addition etc etc.

Good job!
David.

Jul 25, 2008
thanks the patter was not put in because im a little sick and i dont want to talk cause it hurts and yes getting a break needs work idk i just freeze up when im on camera and usually dont peform as confterably thanks for all the kind words

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Nice work - getting a break is always going to look a bit suspect from that angle. I'm a big fan of Greg Wilson's Reset with a Hook, although it has to be said that this ending is a bit weak. There's many ways to get around it though - gambler's cop, vernon transfer, drop addition etc etc.

Good job!
David.

I haven't seen you in forever- how have you been?

I would agree with the ending being weak the way Greg does it, but I don't mess with the whole Blackjack hand thing, I just do a quick rearrangement and set the cards down on the table- 4 Jacks and 4 Aces.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I don't understand the "hook" in Greg Wilson's routine? What is impressive about placing a jack next to an ace, they were already there. Am i missing something?

Aug 18, 2008
nice work

I liked it, very smooth. Everyone has mentioned the ending, and they are right. You want to show the queens in the second pile after you change it back to aces.
This is just my preference, I like to make the changes match up, like change the Ace of diamonds into the QD, and the AS into the QS. but I guess I'm just OCD about that.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
No I do that too cedwards90 (although I'm rather OCD about it too). For Reset with a Hook to end paired in suits, the order needs to be

JH JS JD JC AD AC AS AH

The suits obviously can change but they gotta be paired in that order.

Sep 1, 2007
I haven't seen you in forever- how have you been?

I would agree with the ending being weak the way Greg does it, but I don't mess with the whole Blackjack hand thing, I just do a quick rearrangement and set the cards down on the table- 4 Jacks and 4 Aces.

I'm not so bad - there hasn't really been that much for me to post about on here lately!

Reset is one of my favourite toys - in fact just recently I revisited the Greg Wilson handling and made some interesting adjustments allowing for a show of all four kings in the hand before the reset, at which point all four kings appear to come off the table. I showed it to a magician friend who's reaction was "so where's the duplicate kings?!"

I live for moments like that :)

By the way, on the subject of Reset, you should check out Larry Jenning's "Flawed Transposition" - its a Reset style trick but definitely a different animal. You can find it in his "Up in Smoke" book or the "Thoughts on cards" DVD. I wouldn't exactly say the handling was perfect, but its fun to play with and the effect is great.

Cheers,
David.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results