www.youtube.com
Creator: Sean Scott
Publisher: Murphy's Magic supplies
MSRP: $ 100
Skill Level: all
DVD Run time: 1 hour 10 min

Type of effect: torn and restored soda can

Manufacturer's Write Up:

Performed on worldwide TV by pro's such as Dynamo & PENN & TELLER's hit TV show "WIZARD WARS". RISE by Sean Scott shocked spectators as they witnessed a crushed (and signed) Red Bull can completely inflate to its original state. The can is then handed out to be opened, and even drank.

Rise is a hyper-visual restoration of a Red Bull can that has been crushed into a flat puck of metal. With a stomp of the foot, your spectators will be astounded as the can fully inflates under your foot. You have your audience inspect the can with (or without) a signature, where they can freely open that can and even drink the contents. Many years of development, engineering and real-world testing by Sean has resulted in a highly-practical and stunningly visual moment that will shower your audience in disbelief.

This is raw, in-your-face, street magic that uses an everyday object to create a once in a lifetime moment.

Features:
  • Stealthy low-profile, specially designed & tested deployment apparatus.
  • Restored + Sealed beverage can be immediately examined.
  • Easy to learn & perform.
  • Show soles of shoes.
  • No alterations to shoes or pants.
  • Signed can version included.
  • Resets in seconds.
  • Minimal assembly required.
  • Over 90 minutes of streaming instructions, tips, bonuses & performance ideas.

How accurate is the ad copy? this plays out exactly like it sounds

What's in the box? beautifully package box with elaborate rig

Key points: Over an hour of instruction for a shock value effect that lasts mere seconds in real time

How are the production values: Great locations, shot in HD, Sean is microphoned and he gives you handling, setup, reset, tips and alternate presentations.

Is it well made: seriously well made device, it will last you a lifetime or until they stop manufacturing red bull.

Is it well taught: I can't imagine anything Sean didn't cover in this video. You watch this once and you'll have the confidence to go out and perform this right away.

My thoughts (what I personally liked/disliked): I liked the level of sophistication behind this effect.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" Not exactly but hopefully nobody will be looking where they're not supposed to look.

Does it "play big?" Nobody will be expecting what happens. This effect is certainly a jaw dropper.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) You will certainly need to pick you location, I think a break room or cafeteria would be great. You will nee to watch your angles and the forced perspective of the reveal. It's also possible that the device could have some "talking" issues, so also think about the level of noise ambiance. Sean does his video on a wood laminate floor (I would not recommend a surface that is that echo-y) Also the thing you'll need to practice the most is your timing, making sure things happen when they're supposed to happen.

How original is this idea? Be sure to check out "Healed and Sealed" by Anders Modem.

Overall score: 10/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results