Rope Magic One liners

raccoonfight

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2011
Hello everybody I am trying to make a routine with an amazing Cut and Restored rope and I have some good Rope jokes but i need some more. Please have them be clean.

Thanks A lot.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I honestly don't remember who I can credit this too, but I almost always start my rope routine by walking out with a card box, holding it up, and asking if the audience if they like card tricks. They almost always cheer, and I open the box and remove my rope as I say "Too bad. I'm doing a rope trick." It's very funny and surprising. Obviously if the audience responds negatively to the question I slightly change my reponse. Instead, I'll say something along the lines of "Alright then, we'll do a rope trick instead." The joke works both ways.

If anybody knows who originated this joke, please credit them here for me!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't know who originated it, but it's an old, old gag. I've seen it done with many different props.

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
Check out Tom Ogden's Rope routine. He has some hilarious gags which I think you'll find useful. I would provide a link but I'm on my mobile phone / cell phone so I can't. On YouTube, just type in Tom Ogden comedy magician and watch his 15 minute show. Even if you're only interested in the rope routine, the show is really worth watching. :)

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Check out some of Michael Finney's routines with rope. He has tons of jokes and gags in his rope routines.

I also know there is a line about "Here...hold on to this end...give this rope a jerk...good...now there is a jerk at both ends..." Something along those lines. I've heard it but never used it.

Aug 16, 2011
Check this book out http://www.amazon.com/Presto-Laught...id=1354677864&sr=8-3&keywords=presto+laughter I have it, and it has a bunch of one-liners for tons of effects. Most of them are really good, and others are so-so, but it is definitely worth it for the kindle version, which is only $3.99. I have the hardcover, and that sells for $29.99.

For example, one of the one-liners in this book for Rope magic is "The rope is made of hemp and you know what that means, don't you? Everything you see from now on is just an hallucination" There is also a one-liner for if you mess up a rope trick. Also, a concluding one-liner. I recommend picking it up, as it will help with your patter in many effects that you do. They also have about 10-12 one-liners that deal with hecklers! I will quote one for you "You know how I do my tricks? I'll bet that you also know how an airplane uses the principle of air pressure to fly through the sky. So why don't you just take off?" Like I said above, most of them are good, and some are decent. You'll find a few gems in there that you can work into your magic. Good luck!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I honestly don't remember who I can credit this too, but I almost always start my rope routine by walking out with a card box, holding it up, and asking if the audience if they like card tricks. They almost always cheer, and I open the box and remove my rope as I say "Too bad. I'm doing a rope trick." It's very funny and surprising. Obviously if the audience responds negatively to the question I slightly change my reponse. Instead, I'll say something along the lines of "Alright then, we'll do a rope trick instead." The joke works both ways.

If anybody knows who originated this joke, please credit them here for me!

I believe it can be credited to Michael Finney

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
"Does this rope smell like chloroform to you?"

"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers."

"The best way to lie is to tell the truth, the carefully edited truth."

"People can be divided into three groups: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wonder what happened."

Not really rope lines but magic in general :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results