Roundtable Discussion - Calen Morelli + Blake Vogt

Kaj

Jul 7, 2010
Calen: We all know that it takes time to perfect a routine/magic effect with a lot of practice. I'm sure many have asked you about how you come up with your ideas (which I'm very interested to know btw) but how much time do you spend each day to create + make gimmick (if needed) and then practice the effect to a point where you feel that it is ready to share with others?
And what keeps you going instead of thinking "Man, I'm so tired and need to relax this week"..?

Oct 17, 2007
Aussie NSW
Calen: Since the start of your 365 Days Of Magic Project. Who have you meet that really helped changed the whole dynamics of the project? From being "lets make a new trick everyday" To what it has become now?

Tom

Jun 9, 2010
What if you create a trick and that didnt fool anyone, and someone just reveal it to everyone? Would you blame that person for revealing it? Or you would blame yourself?

May 7, 2009
Blake - with so many T&Rs out there, what made you want to create one and what does yours bring to the table that others dont?

Calen - How many of the ideas that you make for 365 do you actually use?

Thanks guys

Jul 7, 2008
Looks like Calen is an upcoming star Magician. What will you to next to promote yourself into Greatest Magician of All time.

Nov 13, 2010
Can you pick up inspiration for effects out of nowhere, or do you have to see something to be inspired?

- M.

Sep 1, 2010
how long did it take you to make the gimmick and come up with the idea for the gimmick for dresscode?

Sep 6, 2010
Calen: Are there any effects on 365 Days of Magic that you would publish?

Blake: What makes your TnR routine stand out from the rest?

Oct 25, 2010
What are your opinions on using IT? I remember on one of your videos you flipped over a pair of sunglasses. Do you like effects that touch on that level of supernatural?

Aug 19, 2009
[Here's hoping we're allowed three questions! :) ]

This if for both of you. I see so many people, especially on YouTube, that "perform" magic they learned five minutes ago. When you create an effect, how long do you usually take to refine it before showing trying it out on the streets? I know it needs to be polished et al, but once you feel comfortable with the version of your effect, do you experiment with other version, or take it to the streets and allow them to continue to shape the creative process?

This penultimate (next-to-last) question is also for both of you. What was your favorite part of your trip to Las Vegas?

The final question is for Calen, but Blake also may have an answer. What are your favorite rubber bands and why?

Nov 3, 2010
magic

hey blake and calen if you have a great idea but no method, how would you find a way to make that method?

and also what advice can you give in overcoming the fear of performing in the streets?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results