Russian Houlette (Idea)

Jun 1, 2009
It was good, but all the cuts in between interrupted the flow of the effect, you know?

Aug 5, 2009
Yes, I know ...

But it's a choice I did. It's to really mark the association of the differents objects and the result of this association.

Jun 1, 2009
Understood, but with the edits, it seems more of a camera trick than an actual effect, make sense? I've seen your other videos so I doubt you would fake anything, but the finale wasn't as strong as it could've been

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
It's a neat idea, my only question is why?

You seal cards in an envelope, stab it with a pencil, tear the envelope half open and then turn the pencil - a card is raised and then it changes.

I know it's still just an idea, but do you have any presentation ideas or is it just something you're playing with, because I would think a rising card that isn't being touched by a pencil would have a magical impact as opposed to a 'oh, he just turned the pencil...and it showed my card.'

The text cuts were not necessary, I have eyes and know what a pencil and an envelope look like - no need to spell it out for me. It felt as though you were being condescending, which is something I hate about magicians in general when their scripts include telling me what everything is... 'I have a deck of cards' 'Really...I didn't notice'

Just a few thoughts I had while watching. Again, looks neat - but not impossible, and magic isn't improbable, it's impossible.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results